1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: "Rockets - least watchable of all playoffs teams"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Oct 20, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Clippers announcers are actually pretty unbiased.

Bill and Clyde are horrible and I regularly choose the opponents broadcast over theirs on ballstreams

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Every word of what Lowe wrote is true. And yes, you can say that without hating the Rockets or the broadcast crew. I think I'm gonna switch from national TV to League Pass this year, and I'm dreading it.

3. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

It's why the ladies love me.

But if you're asking if I'm in the same "group" as Lowe, then the answer is no.

4. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Everyone understands this is purely an aesthetics ranking right? We can be unwatchable at times. (not really our fault but still the intentional fouling really made a few of our games difficult to watch) But he in no way is hating on the Rockets, just saying our broadcast can be hard to watch, which I would not disagree with.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

There is only one man that can save us!

[​IMG]

6. dmoneybangbang

Do people not choose other commentators over ours on league pass and ball streams?

I can't stand Clyde anymore, he's just very bad at what he does as an announcer, which is a shame.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Our broadcasters are definitely not partial. I hate how much they complain about officiating, its pretty annoying.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I absolutely love listening to Bill, Matt, Calvin, and Kevin. Sorry Clyde still is lacking IMO. Bill and Matt will till you when a Rocket player is not playing right and they need to step up, they will also tell you how great an opponent is playing against us. They do a great job point out the real aspects of the game. I rarely listen to other local broadcast so I can't speak to how they compare but they are not blindly all Rockets.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Nah man their color guy is super annoying. He has a nasal voice and always whines when they the Clippers are losing. He also sounds like he's having an orgasm whenever he talks about Chris Paul or Blake Griffin.

The Rockets broadcast team is not much better in terms of homerism admittedly.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think a lot of people didn't actually read the thing and reply only to the thread title.

Lowe didn't say he didn't like to watch the Rockets. He just said that from the perspective of other teams' fans. He said that lots of fans complain about Harden's flopping. Lowe actually defends Harden's style of play. He says a lot of good things about the Rockets in those short paragraphs. He is just saying that fans in general don't like watching the Rockets.

I don't agree that our announcing team has too much homerism. I do agree that Bull complains too much about officiating and Drexler is Drexler.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wait what? National TV games aren't on league pass in the first place :confused:

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He is sticking up for Harden. He said that Harden gets foul calls because people actually foul him. There are a number of writers, coaches, players and fans who claim that Harden does not deserve the calls.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The broadcast crew does make it terrible.

I prefer to stream opposing team or get the radio broadcast lined up

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He made it clear last year that he was not a fan of watching the game as there were too many breaks in play (i.e. free throws). He's seemed to soften up a lot on Rockets during the offseason. Last season, there were definitely times I thought he didn't give Rockets enough credit how effective the Rockets ugly play was.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I've never had League Pass before. I looked up the blackout fine print, and it said the blackout for nationally televised games only lasts 3 hours. Do the national games never show up on LP? Or are they available later? (I'm looking at a cable package that has ESPN but not TNT/TBS, so a permanent blackout of those games would suck.)

16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I dont know how some you can prefer the opposing team's broadcast, I love Bill, Bull, & Clyde (even with his deficiencies as a broadcaster) Bill & Bull mesh pretty good together and I really enjoy that they try to keep the mood light most of the time. Clyde makes up for his deficiencies as a broadcaster by having experience playing the game at an elite level and sometimes gives great analysis that only the great players can. There's also he fact that we usually get inside info on the player injuries in our roster and get cool little personal tidbits here and there about our team we probably won't get if we were watching the opposing team's broadcast.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

ipaman: "Zach Lowe - least readable of all NBA writers"

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ah okay. Yea apparently you can watch archived national games on league pass. Haven't tried it yet though.

19. bmd

bmd Member

Agreed. I can understand how some might prefer an unbiased broadcast over a biased announcer... even if that bias is in favor of your team.

But watching another team's feed makes no sense to me. I mean, as a Rockets fan, I can look past obvious moments of bias from the Rockets' announcers since I am a Rockets fan and would much rather listen to pro-Rockets commentary than listen to a little less biased commentary from the other team's point of view.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is 2015 I get more inside info on my phone then from Bill, Bull and Clyde. Bull at least breaks down plays. Bill just uses tired phrases and Clyde is a joke around the league in terms of broadcasting.

They are campy, corny and make me cringe. The Knicks and Nets are lucky