1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Zach Lowe] Rockets a dark horse for Kawhi Leonard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Except, Kawhi will refuse to re-sign for nearly every team out there in a year, except a few, which will make them not even trade for him.

While we have a slim chance amongst the select few that could potentially trade for him, we are one of the only few teams where he would potential agree to re-sign a new contact on.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Mediocrity is far more fresh in the mind of a Rockets fan. Much more than a Spurs fan.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Spurs want draft picks and young players, we dont really have either.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowe: In preliminary trade talks, the Spurs have shown less interest in packages that tilt too far toward rebuilding -- packages loaded with young players and picks.

But I agree, this is the longest of long shots and probably not worth discussing right now.

lionaire likes this.
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I've barely even checked this thread. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'd be absolutely stunned if we were a serious contender for KL.

Ziggy likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I really can't see them trading Leonard to the Rockets and if they did its probably because he is damaged goods.

saleem, MorningZippo and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Or we offer Spurs Harden, lmao...

Jturbofuel likes this.
  8. jacoby

jacoby Member

We can trade our 2025 unprotected 1st, which I would imagine has very decent value.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

So two superstars with bad hamstrings? Increase the risk profile moarrrr

10. rammo

rammo Member

Just reading about this whole Kawhi situation.

First the Spurs wanted Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/2 firsts and some pick swaps, to which the Lakers said “G.F.” and now talks have stalled in a big way.

Then this report about Boston (arguably holding the best assets) looking out of the picture suddenly because Philly is the only eastern team Kawhi would consider playing with (fair enough too). But all Philly are offering is Covington/Saric/ and a first.

Not sure but Capela/Gordon/future picks could end up being around the mark if he’s eventually traded. The longer this drags on, the more opportunity for Morey to weasel his way in and hopefully get his 3rd star. Stranger things have happened...

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Even if our offer was the best, I have a hard time seeing the Spurs trade Kawhi to a interstate division rival.

saleem likes this.