1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Play of the game VS the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

5:55 Mark of the 4th quarter for me shows how far we have come, even from last year. I
    Dont know if the chemistry is better or this is the chris paul effect but here it is .
    (Off of a made basket) Harden has the ball top of the key, and capela is setting a pick for Luc. Peels off the pick goes to the rim for an alley oop while paul sets the screen for capelas guy. Great pass by James easy dunk for clint.
    The off ball movement and teamwork is brilliant especially when you consider that they made the play without a timeout being called.
    Which play impressed you the most last night? This team is so FUN to watch, cant wait until are next game. Must see TV Baby!!

2. bongman

bongman Member

They have ran this play a number of times in the past. I have seen EG do the screen a few times.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

this is better than p*rn. I read that in Scarlett johanssons sexy, throaty voice

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Ya ive seen it in the past but i dont remember it being done off of open play, but i could def be wrong. Usually those set plays come from timeouts.

5. bongman

bongman Member

There was a new counter play executed last night...

On the 2:15 mark, the pass to EG most of the time results into a 3 pt shot attempt. This time around, he faked the shot and drove to the basket.

6. bongman

bongman Member

My opinion, this is all dependent if everybody is positioned where beard or CP3 wants them to be. I think this is what we see when Harden walks the ball (annoying to some fans). He is both surveying and waiting for everybody to be in the right place.

A timeout allows us to position appropriately but if the stars are aligned correctly on a regular play, we got 2 great PG's that are able to execute the play.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Positioning is absolute key to give the proper spacing for any specific play, but in this particular play all 5 players on the court were not only positioned correctly but also on the same page. Luc running hard to get open for the 3 and paul sagging until he had to set the pick on capelas man.
    That kind of chemistry is rare, especially when their are alot of new faces on the team.

bongman likes this.
  8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The one where Harden passed to CP3 right next to him for the corner 3 and they gave dap after the make.