1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Personal Greatest Rocket Memory

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, May 17, 2002.

1. man532

man532 Member

Topm my list, the opportunity to hang out with Vernon Maxwell and Mario Elie in a night club on Westpart and Gessner right after the 94 Championship.

The ladies were flocking like wolves in sheeps clothing. Vernon was surrounded by 5 on 1 fast break of cuties galore. Mario was chilling in the background being discrete on which cutie was selected to step up. I was happy getting the overflow, which was 8 or 8.5 on a 10 scale.

I pulled at least 3 cuties and obtained status just because I was around. Women kept asking me if I played ball and of course I lied and told them I played for the Oilers as defensive back.

Also, sitting behind the Rockets bench when the swept the Orlando Magic was awesome, however, I prefer the ladies.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Hey man532...I sat right behind the Rox bench for game 4 vs Orlando as well...in fact, I rememebr sitting right next to 2 guys...one was a cross between Keith Jones and Wesley Snipes...was that you by any chance?

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

kiss...of...death...

Greatest shot in Rockets history, bar none...

Second is Maxwell's three that iced the game against the Knicks in game seven.

Third is Hakeem faking out Robinson twice in one shot in the 1995 WC Finals

Fourth (I can't believe this isn't any higher) was meeting Sam Cassell and Nick Van Exel at Gulf Greyhound Park in 1996. I was running food, and I took Cassell a glass of water...(I didn't get a tip, though...cheap b*stard! :))

4. man532

man532 Member

NJ,

I was with Steve McNair and was wearing a light grey double breasted suit with a black shirt. Steve was wearing shorts and a stylish shirt. I was the size of Keith Jones at that time.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

ok...i remember sitting 2 rows behind Mcnair...right after he was drafted

6. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Two seasons ago when the Rockets won in triple overtime against the Indiana Pacers.
    That was a great ball game, half the fans had already left and they lost out on this win!:)

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

#1 - Kiss of Death - Mario Elie is the man.

Also liked:

Olajuwon's block on Starks to seal Game 7 vs Knicks in 1994 Finals.

Kenny Smith's 7 three pointers in Game 1 vs the Magic in 1995 Finals. Olajuwon's tip in OT to win.

Olajuwon's domination of Robinson in the 1995 West Conf Finals.

Game 5 in the first round of the 1995 Playoffs vs Utah. Down 13 in the 4th and coming back to win. Clyde the Glide.

Being down 3-1 and beating Phoenix in 1995 West Conf Semi's. Then taking a vacation to the Grand Canyon and driving through Phoenix with Rockets signs on the car "ClutchCity" and "Sir Who?" :)

Good Times...

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I got to shake Bullard's hand once. Later that same game, I almost had a Shandon Anderson lap dance when he fell out of bounds into my courtside seat. He hurried back to the game, though, and left me unsatisfied. He's such a tease.

Greatest Rox moment? Maybe Mario Elio's kiss of death against the Suns, with Joe Klein standing dumbfounded (not tough for him to do).

9. Tmo

Tmo Member

Rod Thorn (or whoever the stiff was that did the 2nd round last year):

"A trade has been announced. The Atlanta Hawks have traded the rights to Terence Morris to the Houston Rockets for a future first-round pick."

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Ralph Sampson's last second dagger to sink the Lakers in 1986. It's not the greatest Rocket moment, but in hindsight, the Rockets beat one of the greatest teams of all time in that Lakers team. I remember staying up late to watch that game and going crazy when Ralph's shot went in. As a sidenote, that (H)akeem vs. Mitch Kupchek fight was pretty pathetic. (H)akeem did out-flail Mitch, though.