1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your opinion on the players in this upcoming draft

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MambaJoe, Nov 20, 2011.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This has been a long LONG off season with this lockout and everything. There's really nothing going on but players and owners going head to head. Its just been torturing these last 2 months.

Well, since there's nothing much to talk about the NBA because of the lockout, I was wondering what everyone thoughts of the young players that are entering the 2012 NBA draft.

There's been a big hype right now over UNC player Harrison Barnes, many believes he will the the for sure first overall pick and has star potential written all over him. I've seen him play and I can't help but wonder, is he another Marvin Williams in the making? People said the same thing about Marvin Williams before he came into the league. I think the difference is, Barnes stayed in college another year which has helped him out a lot. An extra year in college will help him mature his game much more and better prepared him for the pros. But I wonder the chances of him turning out to be another Marvin Williams.

I really like J. Sullinger's game a lot and I feel like he can have a very good career in the league. Im also excited to see Austin Rivers play at an professional level. I believe he will be a very solid PG in the league. He shown flashes and has the potential to be a very good player.

Many scouts said Perry Jones has Tracy McGrady potential but most likely will turn out more like a Lamar Odom and I really think that's on point. He has shown flashes of high potential but I think he will pretty much be an average player in the league.

Anyway, I just want to see everyone opinions on different players entering the league this upcoming season and their predictions on who will be the superstar of the 2012 draft and who will be the 2012 bust or the diamond in the rough.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Drummond has been generating a lot of interest. I think he has a lot of skill and could turn out to be a star center. I'm getting the feeling that he may not be the most mature guy though, which is something that could really prevent him from becoming a star player.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want Andre Drummond to pair with Patrick Patterson...

4. SPF35

SPF35 Member

I am not a kentucky fan, but they are impressive. Gilchrist and Davis have been efficient. And they are so loaded up.

Davis has to put on weight and I still want to see more skill and ability to create, but he seems to be at top 3 pick guaranteed.

Gilchrist has the ability to come in and be a lock down defender right away, if he can continue to develop his offense he should be a contributor at the very least and also a lottery pick

Austin Rivers has been underwhelming and has had on and off struggles and questions on where he would fit in the NBA. He still has to get stronger and most of all improve his decision making/timing.

Harrison Barnes has been solid. I don't think he is the breakout superstar people wanted him to be, but I think he is really close to a Luol Deng type who can be a superb 3rd option on a team and maybe hold his own as the 2nd. Is dependable and smart.

Andre Dummond has been improving everygame and his size makes him especially intriguing.

The surprises(for me at least)
    J'covas Brown from Texas. I knew the hype was around their new PG from the west as a 5 star recruit, but this sophomore Junior has been stealing the show. He is averaging about 29, 7.5, and 5 with 2 steals for the first 3 games.

Another couple fun PGs to watch, butn ot sure if they have much draft potential is Pongo(or something like that) out in Gonzaga. He blew up his first couple games and took over thestarting spot from Stockton(yep, john's son) over there.
    Also, TJ Mcconnell from Duqesquene, He had a triple double last game and is a pretty small kidd so it is fun to see him pick apart the other teams