1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Official 2007 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jopatmc, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Here's my abbreviated top half

1. JaMarcus Russell-Raiders
    2. Calvin Johnson-(traded by Detroit to Tampa Bay for their first and others)
    3. Brady Quinn-Cleveland
    4. Joe Thomas-(traded by Tampa Bay to Detroit for Calvin Johnson)
    5. Gaines Adams-Cardinals
    6. Amobi Okoye-Redskins
    7. Adrian Peterson-Vikings (Unfortunate but if he is still here, they will jump.)
    8. Laron Laundry-Falcons
    9. Levi Brown-Dolphins
    10. Patrick Willis-Texans (Texans either trade down or draft this kid to trade with New England or Buffalo for extra pick)
    11. Alan Branch-49ers
    12. Leon Hall-Bills (possible trade with Texans for Willis or they just keep him as Clements replacement)
    13. Adam Carriker-Rams
    14. Reggie Nelson-Panthers
    15. Darrelle Revis-Steelers
    16. Marshawn Lynch-Packers

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have no freaking clue what will happen but I'll be at Reliant to watch.

3. jopatmc

If Okoye is gone, I'd really like to see us trade down for more picks. Ideally I'd like to see us be able to pick up either both New England's picks or possibly somebody else's first and 2nd rounders. I'd even consider NE's 24, their 2nd rounder and one more later pick for our #10 if Okoye and Peterson are gone.

Ideally, I want Okoye. I'd take Laundry if he was there, but I doubt he is there. And I do not want Levi Brown or Alan Branch. I'd just as soon trade down for Staley and get another pick as to be stuck with either of those guys. Of course, if for some reason somebody else falls, I think there will be plenty of trade offers. Hopefully the Skins take Branch and Okoye drops.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We're trading down to #21. Who's gonna be available there? No clue, but there will be a nice amount of needs that we can address.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never understood the Peterson to the Vikes talk. They signed Chester Taylor last year, and he was pretty effective when he played (1216 rushing yards (4.0 ypc) and 6 TDs to go with 42 catches for almost 7 ypc). Also, they have four other RBs on the roster (Fason, Moore, Pinner, and Richardson) They have needs elsewhere, I think they take Landry.

Raiders - Russell
    Falcons - Johnson (via Detroit)
    Browns - Quinn
    Bucs - Adams
    Cards - Thomas
    Redskins - Okoye
    Vikings - Landry
    Lions - Brown (via Atlanta)
    Dolphins - Branch/Anderson/Hall
    Texans - Peterson

6. jopatmc

Hopefully we can get Staley or perhaps Reggie Nelson or perhaps Jarvis Moss and then have the 2nd rounder and extra 3rd rounder to pick up other positions.