1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your New Harris County Judge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Love that straight ticket.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The sunny Leone one with the big t***. I’m going crazy here , there was too much going on at one time when I read it haha

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Look, if Dems had put up someone with experience, there wouldn’t be much complaining. Emmett going down is bad for consensus politics, and it’s bad for the city.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If s**t goes south next time Houston floods, blame Trump for peeing in the pool that is the Republican brand.

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.

RayRay10 and Eric Riley like this.
  5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Did all the conservatives high tail it to Chambers, Fort Bend and Montgomery?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ending the straight ticket would not have saved Emmet. It just makes people spend more time in the booth selecting their party.

Harris Countu has the longest ballot. I never voted straight ticket until Tuesday. That being said i probably would have voted for Emmet

These are the fuctions of county judge.

https://abc13.com/politics/what-are-the-duties-as-harris-county-judge/4639186/

#46 pgabriel, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Fort Bend also went for Beto. The Democratic AG also won in Fort Bend this election.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Fort Bend went for Beto 56% to 44%. What's impressive is the 89% voter turnout for Fort Bend.

Fort Bend and Harris did see a huge blue wave.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Hopefully Hidalgo knocks down the Dome and then gets booted shortly thereafter.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...arris-county-s-response-to-itc-deer-park-fire

Emmett said he's reluctant to criticize Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo, but did answer some questions about his view of her performance during the ITC/Deer Park fire.

Eisenbaum: "What grade would you give to your replacement, Hidalgo, in her handling of the ITC fire?"

Emmett: "I don't think I'm going to get into giving out grades. I do think the concern is you have to get information out quicker, and this was her first attempt and, OK, there was a learning curve there. I do worry more about the coordination. We didn't know what was burning and we didn't know where the plume was going or where it was going to come down and I think that's the concern that everybody has to have."

Eisenbaum: "What do you think about her press conferences?"

Emmett: "The first press conference, the company wasn't there, the state wasn't there. If you drag it on and it's an hour and you are having all of these people coming back and forth to the microphone. People don't have time for that, they want facts and they want them quick."

Eisenbaum: "What's your best advice moving forward?"

Emmett: "The most important thing now is to say, 'OK, what can we do better?' That's always a learning experience, and the professionals in the county will do that."

jcf likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

**** that *******. He deserved to lose for the Toll Road robbery. I don't care what he says.

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I hate to poo poo on the idea that Hidalgo is leading the way for the coastal barrier, but that plan has been looked at with several options for well over 6 years. I worked on two options back in 2014-2016 and I believe the studies had been in progress since Ike.

As far as the tweets about leadership, I don't now. I don't follow any of the local R's or D's on twitter. If there's a bunch of infighting between the two parties, it's not surprising. I attended a HC Commissioner's court the first year after Hidalgo was elected and the bickering and politics that went on was shocking. The meeting ran 45 min's over the agenda and it was because of the back and forth. I will say, I think she's handled herself well during the Covid pressers, particularly since she's fighting against Abbott. She came of as graceful about it, IMO. The infighting at the Commissioner's Court wasn't her doing either.

She's got a bright future in politics.

Two Sandwiches, pgabriel and Kim like this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Watch yourself homie.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are some Trump supporters all of a sudden worried about experience when it comes to political positions?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ike Dike/ I-45 Big Dig/ Astroworld, Dino Park on old freeway/ Remove Katrina evacs from Astrodome... quite a large agenda IMHO.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They packed court vacancies with dipshits and inexperienced yokels like none other.

So now it's all about Doing It Right!!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont understand the purpose of the ike dike. Galveston doesn't flood. Is just a better sea wall?

19. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So few words yet so mind numbingly wrong.

Newlin, dookiester and KingCheetah like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When is the last time there was residential flooding in Galveston? Harvey? Allison? I understand storm surgees. Is tat a problem for dikes?