1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your dream Texan NFL Draft scenario?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gunn, Apr 21, 2007.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not worried about pr nightmare, just get the playeras that will help this team become a consistent winner. I just want to ask, how many more wins would the texans have if they had drafted Bush? I think with the terrible qb play of Carr and Bush lack of hitting holes, people would be on this board crying about Bush not used properly. I wonder how come Shanahan and kubes never here about improperly using offensive players. Oh, because they draft players that fit their system.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Would be nice to get the best player in the draft IMO - A.P. but a realistic pick that the Texans need alot is Ted Ginn.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Either AP or Landry fall to 10.

Not likely though..

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dream: LaRon Landry falls to us. He's the surest fire Pro-Bowler in the draft (Calvin Johnson is the only better player, but his position's more crowded.), and he plays at the Texans' weakest position. But I'm almost positive the reason why Atlanta wanted to switch picks was to get him if available.

So more realistic wish: Trade down, pick up a third or fourth, and get Joe Staley. Then hope Rufus Alexander is available when the Texans draft in the 3rd.

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

I'd really like to see the team shore up the secondary or O-line. This is a deep WR draft, so you can probably get someone quality without spending that first pick on them. Besides, Ginn scares me. He seems way too frail, and though he has insane speed, I fear he'd have trouble getting off the line on stronger DB's.

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Yes, that's what I think. Look at the great/good receivers in this league, and where they were drafted. The Texans don't need to draft a #2 with the first round pick, even though I think Anthony Gonzalez will go late in the round, or early in the second. Too bad he won't be there with the third rounder.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I heard Anthony Gonzalez interviewed today, and he really, really impressed me. He tapes every NFL game, and watches the receivers to see if he can pick up anything. Overall, he was great interview, and seemed like a super guy. If the Texans think that WR is a bigger need than some others, I'd definitely go after him.

9. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i would love to have anthony gonzalez here

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would too, very dependable reciever

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I think he is the quintessential number two receiver. I was watching tape of him blocking... He's like the Shane Battier of football, I think. :)

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

Yeah, I read somewhere that Dallas might be interested in him in the late parts of the first round. I do like him a lot as well, but I just don't want the team to take a WR in the first round. There seem to be lots of good options out there- Calvin Johnson, Meachem, Ginn, Gonzalez, Jason Hill, Dwayne Bowe, the list goes on....

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a VERY good CB opposite of Robinson.
    That said,if we could get our hands on AP that should take priority.

Keeping the pick and not getting AP most likely means Leon Hall and I'm totally down with that.

Trading down,give me a CB(1st) and an OT(2nd or 3rd) with those first two picks.

In keeping with the Denver philosophy,I see us picking up a RB in the middle rounds if we don't get AP....I'd also like even more help(TJ's gonna have a pretty decent year IMO) on the defensive line in the 3rd or 4th.

As far as our #2 receiver goes....free agency or trade as we 're going to need a veteran to help maximize all that space that will be a product of a decent line,Schaub,and AJ on the other side.....Our higher picks are better invested at other positions.

Yeah,we need a safety too,but those aren't as hard to find.

#33 Plowman, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  14. MONON

MONON Member

Trade down for a lower 1st & a 2nd round pick. Then get an OT, CB & WR (in no particular order) with our 1st 3 picks.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

We need an effin' Herschel Walker-esque awesome TRADE... :mad:

But... whom do we give up? :(

DREAM: an entire offensive line

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

we've already got one of those, wears #80.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ouch.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The NFL "expert" at work says we should take Levi Brown...

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Couldn't hurt could it?

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]