1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your 2018-2019 Super Bowl Champions...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Jan 3, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

The HOUSTON TEXANS

Deshaun Watson has 58 TD, setting the single season record.

JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilus, and Jadeveon Clowney wreak havok on the league, combining for 45 sacks.

Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller combine for an electric 40 TD.

Superbowl final score:
    Texans 42
    Cowboys 17

2. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

and EVERY Texans fan will marry a cheerleader!!!

red5rocket and theimpossibles1 like this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully the cowgirls never reach another SB

4. texian

texian Member

Cowboys??? :confused:

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Who do you have grabbing the other 18 TDs from Watson? Gronk, whom we traded XSF for? Works for me.

red5rocket and theimpossibles1 like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This team has a few very good players, a ton of holes, no depth and no picks until the 3rd round.

The new GM will need several years.

Unrealistic expectations and calling for his head when the team is still under .500 next year won't help.

tierre_brown and red5rocket like this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So is this your prediction we will be under .500 next year? Barring an injury to Watson I will take you one that bet right now.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I do think so, but one of the reasons is the OL is so bad I'm afraid Watson might miss some time.

I also fear Watt will never be the same.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

For sure if it's 7on7

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The goals should be easier to accomplish, like remaining the best NFL team in Texas and taking back ownership of the AFC South. When you have a worthless head coach, it's hard to expect your team to win a SB. I mean, it could happen, but the deck is stacked against you.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Quick. Put it on an SI cover

12. Nook

Nook Member

I think you meant to say worthless owner. It all starts with Bob and his bumbling son. The Texans have never been a Super Bowl contender before, why change things now...

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not really, Bob McNair has been a pretty good owner thus far. The only thing you can really blame him for is him having too much loyalty at times. He doesn't really interfere with the football operations and he's never cheap. You can't really ask more than that from an owner.

If you look at recent history, misfortune has been more the reason why the Texans haven't been SB contenders in the past more so than any one factor. There was a year that Schaub went down (back when he was still one of the best QB's in the NFL) where the Texans would have been a strong SB contender if not for that injury. There are other seasons that were derailed in similar ways.

I guess people b****ing about McNair is going to be the new hot take now that Rick Smith is gone.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are not Sports Illustrated. Only works once.

15. theimpossibles1

The only reason I would want them to is so we can beat them.

16. showa13

showa13 Member

Late response but to me I think McNair is more concerned about profit vs winning. His team is 4-12 but if he turned a profit it’s all good in McNair’s eyes. That’s the criticism I have for him.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe that honestly, an owner that is mostly concerned about profit is an owner that cuts corners or doesn't pay seemingly unnecessary expenses for the sake of the team, that's never been the case with the Texans.

It's been a few years since this was talked about, but Johnathan Joseph talked about it when he first got here from the Bengals, in Cincinnati, the team was cheap as hell and they would put limits on stupid things like how many bottles of Gatorade the players were allowed to drink or take home to not providing players with things like soap or deodorant when they are on the road. That's the markers of a bad owner that is in it for the money and that's NEVER been the case in Houston. Hell they've even kept players on the roster that they never intended to play because they were going through illness in their family and would lose their income and health insurance if they weren't on a roster. There was never a football reason to sign Devon Still, BOB decided to pay him simply because his daughter was fighting cancer. That's not the kind of thing that someone does when they are motivated primarily by profit.

TejasTom and Newlin like this.
  18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Bob McNair either has no clue how to win or he doesn't much care about it. Either way, the Texans will be forlorn as long as they're controlled by the Head Warden and his failson.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

If he only cared about making money and not winning, Brock would have never been a Texan. Wilfork, Lamar, Joseph, even old Ed Reed. I don't see how can come to the conclusion that the owner isn't trying to win.