1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You watching the Blazers @ Rockets organisation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 12, 2019.

1. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Everyone saying we need to trade this player or that player. We need to be like this team or that team. Blah blah blah...y’all need to take a step back and look at the nba and what you’re saying. The last two years the two best teams in the nba are the warriors as the best, and the rockets as a close second. End of story. Both the rockets and the warriors would wipe the floor with denver/Portland/Milwaukee/Toronto or whatever other silly comparison you want to look for. It sucks being second, but it’s not for lack of trying. End of story. Get a grip.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Maybe 1%? Not even that much

3. xaos

xaos Member

And using the blazers beating Denver in 7 games during a second round matchup isn't hypothetical?

4. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

2 of those games were without either Harden or CP3. The 1 loss was when both played. Same for the Clippers.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dame and McCollum gave us problems as well.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup

7. jcf

jcf Member

How are his playoffs going this year?

8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Blazers been mediocre for forever. Relax.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

People not trying to understand my point are either brain washed or just in denial. It’s not about the Blazers, not about the opponent, it’s about the type of shots we are refusing to let be a part of our strategy. For those saying Harden is not even that great, let alone our role players, practice is there for a reason. You think Harden who improved his 3pt shooting, floater and mastered the step back three cannot get better from mid-range?

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The issue is: Why does Morey publicly discuss this strategy? I never understood why he would give away a tactical advantage to the other team. It's ok to want to be the smartest guy in the room but i would play it closer to the vest.

11. mastan

mastan Member

Blazers beat OKC... i'm not sure Rockets could beat OKC... remember last game of regular season when Rockets choked against OKC and lost #2 seeding in the west.

12. xaos

xaos Member

Still just as hypothetical, which was your original comment to mine regarding mid range shots vs Warriors

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

I forgot the part where we told Chris Paul to stop shooting midrange. Oh, we didn't?

I along with many here would like to see Harden shoot more midrange because we know he can make them. What I'd really like to see is Harden play bullyball in the post when a short or scrawny dude is guarding him.

If Portland gives us McCollum, I think we'd have no problem with him shooting midrange.

fryjol7 likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SO . . .You are publically stating that the BLAZERS WILL BEAT GOLDEN STATE or AT LEAST EXTEND THE SERIES TO 7 GAMES????

How much Money have you bet on this possibility???

Rocket RIver

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo

Rocket River

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeah Morey, does not matter that we consistently outperform Portland. Go get a look at a worst offense.

Good thing we have a series that can help us solve this argument. See you in 6 games.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Completely missing the point, but suit yourselves.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Blazers probably should start shooting mid-range shots to overcome this 14 point deficit

19. amaru

amaru Member

Lol I doubt Moreyand MDA are reading the board but yea we need more midrange shots.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This thread aged worse than Paul Pierce's hot take after Boston went up 1-0 against the Bucks.