1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You want to see Leadership

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedreamshake99, Nov 26, 1999.

1. Francis gives Barkley a perfect inlet pass on the Run for an easy shot. Barkley is fouled, and not once did I see Barkley even look in Steve's direction. How about a "Nice pass" or even a wink.

That is the epitome of non team work mentality.

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

and then he slid his mouthpiece out which means he had to breath, and then he wiped the sweat off of his brow which meant 'i hate the kids around me' and then he shot a free throw which meant 'i love myself and noone else' and then...

give it a break...

3. And then he comments on BET, after he misses a free throw because a pager goes off in the Portland stands.

Try harder next time.

4. Achebe

i know it's not your point, but...
    6 0f 6 as of typing...

yawn...

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited November 26, 1999).]

5. Achebe

and then stevie only jumped 22" instead of his known 45", meaning his head isn't into it tonight...

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Cato was playing much better than Olajuwon, yet he was benched. Why? Is Matt Bullard better than Rogers, Anderson? Rudy T. must think so.

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited November 26, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited November 26, 1999).]

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

tds99 -- I didn't see it but I wouldn't be surprised. Small things like that we should probably notice...

.... one thing, Francis is definitely improving, but still has a ways to go in the leadership department. I got frustrated a few times when it was obvious he was clearing out to go one-on-one with his man ... leaving a few guys wide open and without the ball. It's almost obvious he is going to shoot at times. Also, just before the half, he wasted way too much clock and then took that 3-pointer. Reminded me too much of the Laker game at home where he dribbled off too much time on the clock at the end of the game.

Overall, we're hanging with these guys, who are supposed to be the juggernaut of the league.

PS. Keep in mind we lost by 40 in Portland last year to this team.

------------------
    Clutch
    Out to prove Scottie Pippen will apologize at gunpoint.
    www.clutchcity.net

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited November 26, 1999).]

8. Thanks Clutch...I will say this. On another occasion when Drew fed him for fouls, Barkley was over patting him on the butt, and basically thanking him.

A few notes...You have to love how the Rox are scrapping. But I have to agree with Booster. Where the hell is Anderson??? For the first time in a long time Ive seen a Rox guard split the Pick and Roll perfectly. I saw a Rox guard play terrific collapsing D. I know he's done nothing offensively, but he gets no opportunity. Carlos is playing like he wants it, why do we even have to see Wizard with his collection of half jumps off of pump fakes. And if I see Mobley run out to his man after creeping into the lane, and falling for the pump fake as he goes spilling into the stands, Im going to be sick. Someone, anyone please tell Mobley not to leave his feet.

Lastly, if you guys haven't noticed the half court game is dead. Just about everything going in the Rox favor includes motion.

Other than Rudy's sub pattern which again is aweful, I like what Im seeing for the most part.

[This message has been edited by thedreamshake99 (edited November 26, 1999).]

9. Achebe

tds99:
    thanks for the concession on barkley
    unfortunately... we're still losing and dream's not coming back which means the (other) big man is going to have some fun...

is walt really trying to guard sarah jessica pippen? anderson seems the better fit...

EDIT: of course i had to come back after that pick pocket, and give walt his due, no matter how lucky he was when he actually touched the ball...

is tmass available? for the 4/5?

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited November 26, 1999).]

10. Thats what Im trying to figure out also. Where the hell is TMass. He has game that goes both ways, shows lots of fire and hustle, and would be a better match up against Rasheed Wallace down low.

I also meant to post this earlier.

Whenever Portland plays a team that plays almost frantically on Defense they struggle. Its probably their only weakness.

Go Rox

11. Clutch9495

Clutch9495 Member

2 minutes left in the game. regardless of what happens i am proud of the team tonight. they played with a lot of heart. i hope we beat this damn team, and show quitten he is still a little bi**h.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Clutch9495 -- my sentiments exactly.

------------------
    Clutch
    Out to prove Scottie Pippen will apologize at gunpoint.
    www.clutchcity.net

13. Achebe

drew, i'm so sorry for everything that i've ever said about you...

(at least you can guard the pick & roll)

14. alaskansnowman

i heard someone say that TONY MASSENBURG was injured with a groin pull. maybe he got confused with hakeem, i dunno. i remember a couple of days back, tony was sick. so maybe, he is still sick. but if he wasnt, then i am disappointed in Rudy for not letting him play.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

TMass was listed as DNP with a groin injury... how ironic, eh?

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...