1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You kids with your cellular phones...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Prempeh, Sep 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Okay, so I have had AT&T Wireless for the past year or so, and I have no complaints with the service. But now that my contract has run out, the promotional 2000 night and weekend minutes is cleaned off the slate, and so now I am basically paying 50 bucks a month for only 400 minutes of airtime (on a month-to-month basis).

Now normally I would just sign up with another contract, but I'm leaving the country in February and I won't be back anytime soon, so my question? Is there ANYBODY out there that offers a six month contract, or month to month, that could give me a better deal than what I'm paying now? I've checked most of the major names, and seems like the answer to that question is a resounding NO.

But this is just the promotions they offer on the websites -- I am thinking that maybe that isn't the only thing that is out there. Any guidance you guys could provide would be appreciated.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You might want to check into prepaid cellular phone cards. Sorry I don't know much about them, but I believe they work just like regular phone cards. I'd check with AT&T first so you wouldn't need another phone.

3. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Yeah I looked at those, not specifically ATT, but the prepaid ones seem to be between 15-30 cents a minute, and at that rate my current plan would work out better. Sucks that they drag you into a contract when they are always offering better and better deals..nature of the beast I guess.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Check your contract which just expired and see if there is a provision that allows you to calcel should you move out of the country. If so then see about reupping...and 6 months from now quit on them.

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Could try Virgin Mobile. Ive seen some weird commercials of theres that offer month to month.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sam's club offers prepaid phone cards for $.0347 (3.47 cents) per minute. The only surcharge is they hit you for 5 minutes if you call from a pay phone.

7. Stevie Francis

man its not fair i don't have one, its all the little rich kids runningaround with there phone dear old mommy paid for. Man i could get a paid for phone but i choose to work for it. Really thats what my mom told me.

8. davo

davo Contributing Member

Do what refman says. Most Cellphone companies have an escape clause if you move out of country - I know for a fact that Sprint and Voicestream do.