1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You guys ever cry?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pole, Apr 6, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Man, I feel like such a big baby--and over something that should almost be silly.

My fiance bought be "Lonesome Dove" on DVD, and I just got finished watching it.

Now, being a guy, I figure if something like a movie is making me emotional, I'm just supposed to think about basketball or sex and keep a stern look on my face. I've had my eyes turn red a few times, but I can't remember the last time I actually "shed tears."

I can't believe it--I actually made water tonight. What's wrong with me? Am I just old and beaten down 'cuz I'm getting married? Did I just get caught at a bad time? Or is all hope lost for me?

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Don worry about it.

Sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesnt.

It doesnt happen for me though, but I believe it is a fault of mine. The last time I remember crying big time was for my dead dog. I still remember seeing it runned over and having my Mom restrain me while my Dad and Uncle took him to be buried.

That was 6 or so. Dont really remember crying *much* since.

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Pole,

You're crying to Lonesome Dove? That makes me want to cry.

Movies to cry to:
    Purple Rain (oh yeah, I have poor father issues [​IMG])
    Old Yeller

------------------

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Old Yeller was sad.

You guys ever read Where the red Fern Grows.

Something about cool dogs dying that gets too me.

[​IMG] (crying face)

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, you guys are wusses. You want crying? Go watch that UH/NC State NCAA Championship game... decided by the last shot... I was a kid and cried for 2 days after that.

Lonesome Dove... indeed.

[​IMG]

------------------
    <this space for rent>

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

One movie that got me close to crying was Saving Private Ryan.
    I've read Where the Red Fern Grows, but a long time ago so I dont remember anything about it. the only book that ever made me cry was Uncle Tom's Cabin. Madam Bovary came close though.

------------------

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I forgot to act tuf.

I watch all of the Andrew Stevens movies, which usually leave me feeling good afterwards.

------------------

8. LHutz

LHutz Member

Well DUKE does not like to cry at all!!! I am a very MATCHO man, so tears are like pink Izodd shirts or watching figure skating, woussy stuff.

DUKE did not cry during Private Ryan, it was funny! Those Nazis got killed good! I laughed when all the Germmans died. Ha!!!

DUKE cried during Old Yellow, the credits were very sad.

DUKE cried a little bit when my ex wife the ho said she wanted a divoce, that ho. It was sad because DUKE had to pay amilony and stuff, VERY EXPENSIVE.

Sometimes the policital talk shows make DUKE very sad, Cokie Roberts is a heartberaker. MMMMM Duke would like to schwerver her!!!!

When my DOG Stinky died, DUKE cried.

OH!!! Almost forgot!!!! Last week DUKE was making my specalty, CHOCOLATE FRIED CHICKEN (it better than it sounds!), well, let me just give advice: the best way to tell if the OIL in the pan is HOT is NOT by sticking your TONGUE IN IT!!!

OUCH!!!

DUKE DUKE DUKE DUKE of LISP LISP LISP!!!!

------------------
    A HOUSE is not a HOME if it is ON FIRE.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Damn, I've cried over tons of stuff from movies to songs to freakin' commercials. I think the worst for me had to be Philadelphia.

At the time, I had several friends who were gay (I worked in the Montrose) and I remembered all those times as a kid I took stupid pot shots at homosexuals and their lifestyle. Watching that helped me to remember why I believe that we are all human and all valuable.

I cried like a baby and then had to go to a gig right afterwards! I got there and people were like, "Man, are you ok?!"

I said, "Yeah <sniff>, I just watched a movie."

[​IMG]

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey, Dave Matthews is starring in a new version of Where the Red Fern Grows. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I've cried many times. Game 6 of the 1997 WCF. My last game as a Katy Tiger. Numerous movies, The Green Mile, The Sixth Sense (when he told his Mom), The Blair Witch (because I wanted it to end). And that's just this year.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only NBA (sorry for any confusion regarding my earlier signature, I do realize that the Braves and Stars are both mentioned in the national anthem) team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Another sad Puppy story.

Jeff, do you remember Matt (from Sprawl) and Marianthe (sp?). They watched their Dalmatian jump off a 5 story building while chilling with friends on the roof on a pleasant Spring night.

12. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

I cried in the beginning of the movie "Babe"

How could they take his mother away like that! Heck, I even became vegetarian after that movie. Didn't last long though. I must have my CHICKEN!

------------------
    STOP and POP

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Pole,

You didn't see those guys in the cavalry crying as the German tanks approached, did you? [​IMG]

Nah, I don't cry very often. In fact, the only time I cried in years was watching this special on some channel about prison. They were having a prison rodeo and there were three guys vying for the "Cowboy of the Year" award, or something like that. This one dude was in prison for life, but he was like a model prisoner and had many privileges for good behavior. He got to raise cattle and ride horses during the day and go back to his cell at night. So, right before the rodeo this guys has a heart attack and dies. I don't know why I cried.... I couldn't even believe I was crying.... I guess you could see that the man was remorseful and had turned his life around even though he had no chance of ever leaving prison. That and the fact that this was real.

That was late last year, I think. Other than that, I can't remember the last time I cried.

14. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Try watching the St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital 'commercial' that runs every now and again. I've been contributing to that charity every month since I saw it the first time. It's a Memphis-based hospital that treats children with terminal/late-stage cancer.

No comment on whether or not I cried.

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.

15. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I had trouble at my oldest daughter's First Communion. Seeing her in that white dress with those little white flowers in her hair was very touching. As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold 'em in. My other three daughters take theirs at the end of this month and I expect to repeat my performance.

------------------

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My girlfriend's 10 month old puppy darted straight out of my hands to puppy heaven.

I didn't cry then; I was just a shaking nervous wreck. Her neighbor drove me to UofH to pull her out of art class. Just as I was about to tell her, I started crying from intense empathy pains.

I cry pretty much everytime a girl cries in pain.

Hell, I'm crying right now over it.

17. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

I red where the red fern grows. that was sad. i cry when relatives die. saving private ryan is also really sad.

------------------
    --TEX

18. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

One thing made me cry, my emotions where already through the roof as Charles and the Suns where about to push the Bulls to the seventh game when John Paxson hit that crushing 3 and then KJ had his prayer shot blocked. The worst part was the camera went on to the Bulls celebrating and you could see Barkley with his head down walking off the court. There is a picture of that in the Suns "Tough Enough" book.

------------------
    THE DEAN

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited April 09, 2000).]

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't believe I left out the first two movies I had ever cried in.

Rocky IV-Who didn't cry like a baby when Apollo was killed by that Commie b*stard! [​IMG]

Glory-Wow, I've never cried so hard in a movie in my life. Not once, not twice, but numerous times. The scene were Denzel Washington's character is being whipped in public. He keeps a proud look on his face, but can't help but cry.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only NBA (sorry for any confusion regarding my earlier signature, I do realize that the Braves and Stars are both mentioned in the national anthem) team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

20. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Quote from RM95:

Holy cow, you're not kidding. Man, what a great scene. Great movie too. I'm just glad this didn't turn out to be the spoiler that I feared it was. I'm thinking, "So that's the big surprise everyone talks about. Hmmmm. What could he tell her?"

Glad to be wrong.

PS: I was nowhere near guessing correctly.

PPS: If anyone chooses to comment on the Sixth Sense, PLEASE do not reveal the ending. It was simply priceless for me to be surprised to learn that the little kid was actually a killer android from Mars. Never saw it coming. Let's preserve that surprise for any readers who haven't yet seen the little boy sprout missiles and gun down the entire Philadelphia Police Dept.

I can't wait for the sequel! "The Sixth Sense, Episode II: Sense Harder".

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.