1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

You call yourselves Texans fans....?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, May 4, 2017.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Let me start off by saying; by no means was I or have I been a Deshaun Watson fan, throughout this entire draft process. In fact I wanted us to have a chance to select Pat Mahomes this year.

Point of this thread is for all you so-called fans to take a step back take a good luck at yourself in the mirror and ask yourselves how much of a Texans fan you truly are. We as Texans fans should not be downing a player, still, a week after the guy was selected in the first round by "our" team. I'll include to my list of admissions that these past two drafts (2015 & 2016) I wanted us to take other players in the first round (Clowney & Fuller respectively) from Mack, Bridgewater, and maybe Carr to Dobson just last year's draft. So far it looks as if it's going to work out better with the guy we selected rather than "MY" guy.

I'm saying this because as soon as these guys became all the bashing, ranting, raving, and pouting was NOT going to do anything to change that pick into "your" guy. We took who we took because our team believe this man has a chance at contributing (heavily) on this team either now or in the near future. That's not going to change. We need to accept the fact that this man is a Texan now and as much as you hate it we should support him in becoming the best QB we can have. After all if (big/huge if) he amounts to absolutely nothing (*cough*--Osweiler) we're going to be right back in this same position next year or the year following.

Please, whatever you have against the guy whether it be; race, religion, height, weight build, arm strength, or record please leave that to the side and root for your new QB of the future. This is not going to change and you need to accept that this man is a Texan and will be for many years to come.

Thanks.... off my soap box now.

Sooty likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

GTFO with this thread.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's really only 2-3 people not crazy about the pjck. He wasn't my 1st choice either, but I still think we got the better player because of right now talent.

Wattafan likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one is "bashing" Watson......and this kind of thread is hilarious after what happened last season about this time. Why the "LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!!" post now and not this time last season?

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm one of the ones who was a huge fan of Deshaun ever since the CFB Playoffs. He's been the guy I wanted in a Texans uniform and I've been saying it all along. I was very excited, as you would imagine, when they picked him. However, I like the detractors stating their opinions. It makes me temper my expectations and be more realistic. It helps me do more homework about the guy. We just went through Brock. It's understandable for fans to be cautious about the optimism.

raining threes, Wattafan and Sooty like this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Deshaun has talent. I have more confidence in him than in the offensive coaching staff currently in place.

I think trading next years fist and second is epicly stupid though

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Now it is a good time to be a Texan fans, the coach is better, the players are better, even the GM becomes smarter this year. Every draft was great for me this year, and the team should be better than last year too.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Without the trades, then how can you draft Deshaun?

10. Mr. Clutch

You can't if he doesn't fall to 25. You can take Kizer tho

11. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

At this point, every Texans fan should be critical of the organization. So far, the Texans have not accomplished much, Rick Smith should have been fired long ago and the organization has wasted the career of Andre Johnson and JJ Watt looks to be joining him.

I for one hope that Deshaun really does turn into what we all hope, I really do. But so far, every option that we have taken at QB has been a mess. Hopefully, this time it will be different.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

True, but we've hit on all of our first round picks for the better part of the last decade. Something has to give.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah just like we can debate anything we want I can post whatever I feel is right, especially coming from a die-hard fan.

Like I said we can debate him all we want, but you cannot say that the "well if he even makes it that far", "if we even see him on the field", "he may be a bust anyway" posts aren't the same sh** as bashing. Clueless.

Obviously this topic is going to be a lot more critical because 1. he's a QB 2. he's black 3. he's coming in immediately after a terrible decision (in free agency) of bringing in Brock Osweiler. Plus we gave up a pick just to get him.

Again point is, he's our QB get tf over it.

14. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Exactly, but for some reason it hasn't. I'm just waiting for the Texans to "click".

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I haven't seen a lot of people trashing the pick, unless it's coming from a few on my ignore list.

Anyway, I don't see the point in arguing about it either way. Every single player selected by every single team in every single round is a complete crapshoot until we see what they can do on the field. I know some people get off on evaluating picks over and over and over again and that's cool if that's your thing, man, but it's all just conjecture until the season starts. That's why I never participate in the draft threads or even the draft pick threads.

And don't get me started on mock drafts........

BTW, criticizing the team doesn't make you any less of a fan (unless you're just straight trolling). People who never criticize their team are called "cheerleaders."

raining threes likes this.
  16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Meh - if you wait for him to fall into your lap, you are a sitting duck and get skated (see 2014).
    The cost of getting a top tier college QB these days means you have to be at or very near the top pick.
    Not a good place to be if you want your team playing good football in the season preceding that draft.
    If not, you pay through the nose to move up - it's a fact of life.

17. conquistador#11

that's my quarterback!
    sniff sniff
    (doing situps now)

18. Mr. Clutch

What happened in 2014?

19. Buck Turgidson

Yes I do. And?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Minnesota traded up in front of us for a draft bust QB.