1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You are seeing why we have to play iso

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 17, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Go away.

Or keep saying "see, this is why such and such doesn't work" when it flies in the face of reality. Blazers just completely blew a game, lost by three and yet you want to use it as some sort of example as to why their style won't work. They played better in Oracle than the Rockets did in three tries. More over, I said Nurkic was their second OR third best player.... which is true, depending on the night. That he is a PnR center doesn't mean anything. 10 minutes a game from him, or 20, or whatever would work, would be helpful. Capela wasn't a negative every game or every second on the court, and that's with Capela playing like ****.

Your shtick is old, tired and moronic.

Nobody likes you here.

That you continue to post here in the face of that speaks volumes as to what your life outside the board must be like.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

It’s about time someone makes some sense around here. People can rag on you all they want. You make damn good points, with well thought explanation.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Great point. Thank you for enlightening me.

4. basketballholic

There was not one mention of Capela in my post. Whether I love (I don't) or hate (I don't) Capela makes not one iota of difference in the results on the court. If I hate Capela and flipped to loving Capela the results are the same.

Quit making the discussion about Capela. Make it about what works and what does not work against the Warriors. You know what I'm saying is right. You partially admit it. But then you gotta sling Capela into it (with a false statement no less) to deflect from the truth of what I said.

Grow up!

5. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Can’t believe it, but good post from Holic. Even though we all know this is one of those “thinly disguised Capela is a scrub“ threads, he makes good points. They are an all-time great team, we can’t beat them in their game.

6. basketballholic

Strong inside game?

Seriously?

Dude. ........ you do not understand Draymond Green. You're not getting it.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Holic often makes good points. You just have to dig through several feet of condescension to find them.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The GSW, having played 3 teams, and 8 home games in the playoffs, the Rockets so far have been the worst against the GSW in Oracle.

But sure... it's the Rockets style that should be emulated as the way to go. Thumbs up, lol.

9. basketballholic

No that's not what this is. Capela is not a scrub. I don't believe that. And you shouldn't be lying about it.

I have NOT ripped Capela one time during the playoffs. Nor have I ripped him one time this season. Your challenge, go find one single post where I ripped him as crap/ scrub.

While many posters who were Clint lovers turned on him this post season I told you that he was playing his butt off and couldn't give any more than he was giving. Its not Capela's fault that we play PnR and that we groomed him to be a PnR center and didn't groom him to shoot the 3. So I don't, I haven't, and i won't condemn him.

It is stupid to trash a player simply because he's not capable of skills that are needed that he wasn't developed to perform. That's stupid.

And it's just as stupid to attribute an argument to someone that's not making that argument. Not to mention deceitful.

Be honest. Get off your Capela bs. And discuss how we can dethrone the Warriors.

10. basketballholic

Impossible.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I actually agree with holic :eek:

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is this the most passive aggressive post currently on Clutchfans?

Ronkol and IvanLCPM like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm just here to tally the people that are coming to terms with agreeing with @basketballholic for the first time. The struggle to either hit the like button or to roast this thread must be huge.

14. basketballholic

More ignorance.

You have no rebuttal. You're just butt hurt that you're wrong. Taking about never admitting you're wrong... you cannot bring yourself to admit it after two failed post seasons now.

You go away, loser.

#34 basketballholic, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  15. basketballholic

Ha.

Who cares Bro. I'd just like to see the quality of opinion here change to reflect loving basketball and specifically the Rockets instead of loving and hating individual players and posters and stacking the board up with endless posts about nothing but personal attacks and quodos against and for individual players and posters.

This is a Rockets discussion board. Our focus should be discussing the team, the success of team, and what needs to happen for the ultimate success.

Houstunna and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wasnt this always obvious. Hence why I say just fo get Jimmy another iso player to replace cp3 in the 2nd best player spot. Pual cant get around n iso people anymore. That's why we failed. Nothing more nothing less. Get Jimmy. Them harden n butler iso curry all game long. Rinse repeat win championship. Everything op said is true. But I would think rockwts fans would already know the reason we iso n the method to the madness

17. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Didnt we ise Iso ball vs warriors and lose?

18. alethios

alethios Member

The reason we and the Blazers lost was that the Warriors change their defensive strategy from the first half of one-on-one which makes ISO a better offiensive strategy to two-man traps that forced the ball out of the ISO player's hands and caused more turnovers and less scoring opportunities. It worked well against us and it worked well in the 2nd half of the Blazers-Warriors game. Not to mention they were switching faster on the ball in the 2nd half. it's almost like they purposely play two different styles of defense from the first half to the second half.

Little Bit and Jake Tower like this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sign of the apocalypse... 'holic with a decent thread that is not getting mocked from all sides.

Do we need to pull up the Aaron Brooks V Steph Curry thread again? ;)

20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Blazers haven't won in Oracle much like the Rockets. But the Rockets never got blown out when they lost.

Clippers have four blowout losses to the Warriors, one at Oracle and three at HOME. It would've been a sweep had the Warriors not dropped the ball in game 2.

Rockets have played against both versions of the Warriors and played them down to the wire in all six games.

Rockets' results are superior.

#40 Pandaemonaeon, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019