1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You ain’t Good Christian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He's getting close to calling himself Jesus or God...

Ubiquitin, Reeko and Pbev99 like this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm of the belief you can't be a christian and support Drumph.

He literally embodies all 7 deadly sins...pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony, and sloth

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I love this response:

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

@generalthade_03 must fall in the fake Christian category

Reeko and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He has to be playing a parody of a character. I doubt he's Christian in real life.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Breakfast Club vibes?

Political messaging has taken a nose dive since Palin and her brand of marketing came into play.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He will claim he dated a Christian, and therefore knows more about Christianity than any dumb churchgoer.

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My evangelical pastors would tell him there is only one kind, bad christians. But the good news is that Trump supporters can have their sins forgiven just like other sinners'. I honestly find it hard to consider a person's faith sincere when they support Trump after all he's done. But I know believers who support Trump and I know their faith is sincere. It reminds me how very not rational are people's beliefs and choices. Whether it is my irrationality or theirs (or probably both), I can accept that 2 people can look at the same thing and reach opposite conclusions with complete sincerity. So I'm not going to be coming to any judgment on who is the good christian and who the bad christian.

I can say I think Trump is just about the worst thing that has happened to American Christianity since the Civil War. There is already a fault-line running between mainline and evangelical churches and he's just hammering on it. Even Christians who think Trump is right should be worried about how he is driving a wedge in the Church.

Andre0087, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I know some apolitical "born again" Evangelical Christians. They are far removed from the right vs left paradigm and don't care for it. I can tell that they are truly sincere. Those are the type of Evangelical Christians that hate Trump because they don't see him through the partisan filter that outspoken Christians in terms of politics see him through.

12. Invisible Fan

I don't think that's warranted at this time. His posting style isn't friendly for everyone but it's not extremely vile like some members here.

D&D should be more discussion than debate. Attack him on his ideas or ignore him.

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. fchowd0311

He does this weird thing were he does get excessively vile calling people communists out of no where and other terms and then he'll have a string of a few sincere posts to make himself look like he isn't the one fanning the flames.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

His "idea" is that Trump has been touched by God and yet he is unable to explain anything. It's fair game to question his belief system.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Why am I not surprised... trump isn't a Christian, and only uses Christianity to get votes. Appalling. And trump defenders who profess to be Christians seem willing to go along...because?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

if you’re a Christian and support Trump, you’re full of sh*t

Trump is the complete antithesis of Christian values

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Are you "questioning" or accusing? "Fair" questioning is up to the receiver, but if the questioner is genuine, then they usually put some effort into making it seem fair.

Personal experience has taught me that it's extremely hard to explain God's influence in person, let alone with written words. It's usually unproductive because you can think it's opinion whereas the other treats it as belief. And just because you think it's not real doesn't invalidate that person's belief one bit.

Sure either side can win by appealing to the masses, but wtf does that matter?

I don't think a "real Christian" would accuse other Christians of being "fake" to their faces. It takes real guts to cast a real stone, and real commitment to back it up.

Debating what the Bible teaches and what Trump is doing is different. That's what his supporters should question, rather than feeling threatened by the opposition because the insults they throw.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

I'm not a real Christian. I'm not a Christian at all and never will be. I have no qualms with calling people out who use religion as red meat. I also can have suspicions when someone is arguing in bad faith.

I also think Christians would reasonably be upset when someone uses their faith for political points.