1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yet another Trade Scenario...YIKES!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jshabang, Jun 23, 2003.

1. jshabang

jshabang Member

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

TRADE REJECTED!

3. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

sounds good......sounds bad...... good for eddie bad for houston.
    snow gots potential though he is a good guard that would compliment steve but where would our depth at pf be?? mo taylor starting??? ya gots to be kidding me

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I would hope that the Rockets give EG one more year under a new coach before they give up on his potential and trade him for an average point guard.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree. I would NOT trade Eddie for just an average PG. I know a lot of us are down on him but he still has more trade value then I think we give him credit for. He is only 20 years old. Give him time.

The only way I trade Eddie is if I am getting something like an Elton Brand in return. I would not give away Eddie. No WAY do I trade a big like Eddie for a small like Eric Snow. We would be getting raped in that trade. Heck if we need a PG then just go out and get Kenny Anderson via your MLE in free agency.

7. jshabang

jshabang Member

Like I said in another thread........This one is gonna bite us in the ass

It reminds me to much of the the Portland and J'ONeal situation
    I am scared as hell of this trade:eek: :eek:

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

If we could get a #1 pick out of it, then do it.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would love this trade. Snow is just the type of guy we need- smart, plays under control, hustles, and plays tough D. He's better than the Barry boys everyone loves.

10. Raven

Raven Member

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eric_snow/index.html?nav=page

He will be 31 by next years playoffs. He's 6'3" and averages around 10 points and 5 assist for his career.

This is a tough call. At this point I think it's best to give EG one more chance, since we now have a new coach, but if EG is still stinking up the floor come trade deadline, then he should be dumped.

Raven

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm still in the minority who think Francis is better served at the point. I like Snow, but I don't want to do anything to help King and Browns f' ups. When everything was fine and dandy,I told my friend that Philly shortchanged themselves and will trade Iverson before his next contract is up. So far, its going right on course of whats going to happen. Brown for all his great coaching, messed it up by giving away all the 1st rd lotto picks before they made the playoffs.

12. jshabang

jshabang Member

I just dont like giving up one problem for another....

I like snow at the 1 but what the hell do we do at the 4 now???????????????

If someone says start Mo T, I'm gonna have to powder my pimp hand and................................:cool:

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Exactly. This trade is pretty much a measurement of risks.

You pretty much know what you're getting with Snow. You're never going to get anymore or any less than what he gives now.

If you do make this trade, you're betting that Eddie will be a complete flop.

If you don't make this trade, you're betting that Eddie will at least develop into a decent role player. That alone would make Griffin more valuable than Snow, simply because solid role players who are big men are tougher to find than guards.

Personally, I'm not so down on Griffin that I don't think he can ever become a quality role player for the Rockets. I also would like to wait and see how Eddie responds to a different coaching style before giving up on him.

At this point in time, I think its riskier to give up on Griffin than to trade him for Snow.

#13 DCkid, Jun 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  14. Likemike33

Likemike33 Member

no way, we're gonna give up on Eddiy like this . He's just 20 for god sake give him a year along with the new coach we have. Snow is declining. Why even discuss a trade with Philly? We already gave them K- Thomas. The Rockets will regret this, big time if they do it.

15. Sane

Sane Member

I'd do it. Sometimes, you need less flash.

How would KT feel if he was replaced by Griffin twice? LOOOOOOOL!

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This trade would be a good topic for a daily poll.

17. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

O'neal sat on Portlands bench the first 3 yrs. They never gave him any playing time. EG is different. He has started and has had alot minutes. This not a good comparson.

I say do whatever it takes to WIN.

18. tozai

tozai Member

I agree with codell. In portland, O' Neal couldn't get off the bench b/c of depth. Eddie has had alot of minutes, but it was pretty apparent his game wasn't improving much skill-wise. Let's give him one more year with better coaches and see what happens. Honestly, I don't believe he'll live up to our expectations when we drafted him. I remember watching him in college and he was pretty good then, but he just seems to lack the explosiveness, athleticism, and more importantly mental toughness and desire. I don't know if these can be fixed by any coach, but if he can be taught a few post moves that aren't as worthless as his weak excuse for a turnaround jumper, then you never know.

19. acizlan

acizlan Member

i dont think this is a bad trade, getting snow means SF is moving to 2, and use mobley to get a decent PF

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Griffin obviously has more potential than Snow...but I am one of the people that thinks he will never realize it. I don't think he cares enough. So I would do this trade.