1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Yelling At Cloud] Deleted All Social Media

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Sep 22, 2018.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I do not have FB or any social media outlet other then Linkden, I am just to lazy to do that plus I don`t know that I do anything interesting enough to post ;) if I want to talk to someone I pick up the phone and call.............good for those who get a benefit though

2. Buck Turgidson

"Look, I get that he’s annoyed, but calling Facebook a toilet is a little unfair to toilets because they make **** go away, whereas Facebook retains ****, disseminates **** to your acquaintances and reminds you of **** from seven years ago, all while allowing corporations to put their **** in front of you. What I’m saying is there’s a purity and integrity to toilets that Facebook seriously lacks." -- John Oliver

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Boom goes the dynamite. Precisely. I’m pretty strong willed but social media (Insta and FB) at its core became a medium where everyone thrusts the absolute best version of their life over and over again. Some might not but the percentage is so low that it might as well not even exist. It definitely affects your perception of reality. Like when you’re in Vegas and they have clouds on the ceiling to make you think it’s daytime so you keep gambling.

My work has improved dramatically since doing it.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You tell em, future gramps.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Welcome to the club, now you have more time for CF, hahah

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Does the dude at least get replies or is he the guy who posts all day and might get a like on accident .. I hope he at least gets replies, if not wow... Maybe you should contact him, he needs a friend or something

On FB, I never post, I think 10 posts in 10 years, never about stupid ass food or whatever. It's mainly new car projects I finished (like something special, rebuilt an engine or something huge), not I changed my oil (Yay???). The car stuff is side work anyway, just interesting hobby. I'll occasionally post about some bigger concert/sports event I'm at if there's something to share.

Ooooooooo forgot I have posted to help people with computers/cars/home repair etc etc, but I'm not sure if that counts since I'm not sharing anything. "hey guys, I just ate a breakfast sandwich" blah blah

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah .. Exactly, I'm at the concert to... You know "watch the band" hahah. I've seen people record a whole Dann concert, it's their time and money, but I'd personally watch the concert... I might take a picture or quick video but even that is just for me. You're not going to get the same experience of a good concert on your phone

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

The concert recordings...i don't get..at all. I understand you want to take a pic or short clip to show to your friends but recording everything all night?
    What are they going to do? Go home and rewatch all these sh*** recordings?

And these 1080p recordings just waste space on the phone also.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You're missing big news stories.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Are we all just gonna ignore your wife has 3k followers? That usually means she's hot...

Sajan likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member