1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'Yeah, you want to talk to me now. You wouldn't pay me.'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We may be welcoming Calvin back to the broadcast team!!!

Worell might mysteriously disappear......

BamBam likes this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Bill is ALL IN on Danuel.

Welcome to my House party, partyyy.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Gene and Bill have always been the heart and soul of the Rockets. No comparison ever possible to other team’s tv people. These 2 guys are legendary.
    The new guys (Bull and Ackerman) are NO good.
    They have no spirit, no “gift” to keep people interested during the game.

4. HROZ

HROZ Member

Just bad play by House.

Looks bad to other owners wanting to offer him a contract.

Tilman is a billionaire. House is a role player.
    He can't be pissing off people with that sort of power.

SemisolidSnake, saleem and Newlin like this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Wasn’t worrell supposed to retire last year anyway?

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

A few thoughts:

1. Worrell didn't mean for this comment to go out over the air. This was a private comment among him and his broadcast partners. It does show however that Bill and the other broadcasters are thinking the same way many Clutchfans are. They are aware of the controversy and have talked about it privately. I like it that Bill is in many ways just like the average fan in what he thinks and says.

2. I'm not really upset with Tilman or Morey for the way this whole issue has been handled. It's very clear what they were trying to accomplish. They were trying to figure out a way to retain House, Faried, and Rivers for next season and beyond. It was always going to be very difficult to keep all three, but I think they believed they might have an outside chance if they could have signed House to a minimum contract. It was a good try, but it didn't pan out. House is almost certainly gone after this season.

3. Bad idea for House to snub Tilman. In life you never what the future may hold. House may need a favor from Tilman someday. Why make an enemy when you don't have to?

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why are people on here still fighting about House?
    Both sides did what they had to do. Front office had to hold out to see if we can get a multi year or else we can’t keep him next year, and stay under the LT. House wanted to bet on himself so he held out. Eventually, House won. He got what he wanted. We got what we wanted this year. And the front office got a satisfied player to make a playoff run as a consolation. Let’s move on

8. xaos

xaos Member

Nice post!

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

It didn't appear that House cut off Tilman. Tilman was speaking with Capela while House was running toward the locker room. Tilman noticed House and said something then took a quick turn.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

QFT.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with points 1 and 3. House did overrate himself, he probably was asking for the moon, but Morey initially offered him a 3 year non-guaranteed contract. That would piss anybody off. You're dealing with people, not stats. I'm concerned that House won't be able to maintain his focus on the game, after his silly and unprofessional behavior with Tilman.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

@Nook

What do you think will happen to House after this highly unpleasant incident?

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Was hoping to see actual footage or hear audio of a snub.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I posted this late last night so it might have been missed... but do we actually have any real evidence of House snubbing Tilman? Conveniently, that Suns blogger ALLEGED that "the Rockets broadcast VERY QUICKLY cut out Danuel House blowing off Houston owner." He did not actually show it.

Here's what ACTUALLY HAPPENED on the Rockets broadcast.

Tilman is having a conversation with Capela, not House. Danuel is simply running to the locker room, as are most of his teammates. There's no visual evidence on the broadcast of Tilman even trying to speak to House.

I know what Worrell said, and it's interesting... but ultimately, he's at the top of the lower bowl and he's just espousing an opinion to a friend when he thinks he's off air. It's not like he's a few feet away and reporting something that he's seeing. This "incident" is getting blown way out of proportion.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing. I think it is being over blown. It is still interesting though. Especially with Bill Worrell providing his comments.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You promise?

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sounds like joking around by Worrell and nothing by House. I don’t buy that he’s so arrogant or spiteful that he’d blow off the owner. So pretty much nothing.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I couldn’t agree more. I’m not trying to hate on Bill. But since I live in another state I’m often forced to watch opposing teams’ telecasts. And it’s been so clear for so long that the rockets’ crew needs a change.

I certainly hope Bill doesn’t get let go over this, but it’s probably time to move on.