1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's Summer Vacation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dutchbut, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dutchbut

dutchbut Contributing Member

Doubt this last very long
    http://www.cctv.com/program/sportsscene/20090622/109504.shtml

Since this link takes a long time to load, I pasted most the article below:

When the Chinese basketball team hits the hardwood for the Asian Championships, it will do so without Center Yao Ming. Yao is still recovering from a foot injury that knocked him out of the playoffs with the Houston Rockets. But unable to take part, Yao is still paying close attention to the team.

Yao Ming, Houston Rockets Center, said, "Actually my condition is much better than last year, as at that time I had a surgery. Next week I will fly to the United States to have my feet examined for the second time. If everything's fine, I will begin some training to recover my leg strength, gradually, and maybe after four weeks the doctor will allow me to run. I will follow the doctor's arrangement."

Yao Ming won't be able to compete in this year's Asian Championships, but he still plays close attention on it. He says China's only target is to reclaim the title.

"We don't have to think too much, since our target is the title. We have to beat every opponent."

Yao Ming also expresses his support for the national team's young coach Guo Shiqiang.

"We always say that young players need time. So does a coach. We all hope the national team can claim the title, but we should also keep an eye on the whole progress, which we can see Guo Shiqiang's ability and his directions. We can see whether he has talent in coaching through the Asian championships."

Yao Ming will head back to his hometown of Shanghai after his examination in the US.

This August will mark a change for Yao, as the big man will find himself with a lot more time of his own.

Editor: Zheng Limin | Source: CCTV.com

#1 dutchbut, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Finally some rest for Yao. Now can we get someone who can feed him in the post, please.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Thank God.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We also need a backup center to replace Deke,in order to decrease his minutes.

5. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

honestly, based on what has happened the last 3 years I wouldn't mind if we didn't play him until after the All-Star break. I know it's crazy but I just want a healthy Yao for the entire playoffs damn it :mad:

6. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I am anxious to see if they are really going to cut down his weight and the effect it will have on his durability. Hopefully it doesn't affect his post game in a negative way.

Like the previous poster mentioned, they NEED a backup C/PF for Yao. If they cut down his minutes and mileage, I do think he can be a force in the playoffs next season. Only time will tell...

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Please, no shirtless pics of Yao this year.

Please.

8. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The truth often comes when least expected!! Thank you for your statement Yetti :p

10. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Rest, Rest, Rest = Yao's summer vacation :)