1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao named West player of the week again.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jgreen91, Apr 3, 2006.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

All Rocket's centers screw with Laker's history, it's a given and a very strange whirl of the karmic wheel. Thus far they still have the frikkin' edge in quantity but there's this tall Chinese pup that may yet change the equation...

We're Houston, we don't grow great centers they simply have to get here. :D

2. timmy

timmy Member

Is Yao a candidate for most improved player?
    I think Diaw is one.
    Any comments.

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Yeah, I do have a comment. Going from 19 & 9 to 22 & 10 doesn't exactly run shockwaves through the NBA. Everything else Yao's done recently has.

It wouldn't surprise me if Yao makes 3rd team all-pro. It also wouldn't surprise me if he rightfully was selected to the 1st team.

But the Most Improved Player award isn't intended for anyone that is asked "what took you so long?". Yao probably doesn't realize it, but that award would be a huge slap in the face.

4. maya123

maya123 New Member

Yao should be the center of the first lineup,but not Shaq or any other big guys. Other than Rocket's poor standing, Yao has no reason to be rejected out of the first lineup.

5. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Unfortunately I believe the general rule is you have to be at least on a winning team to be considered for top awards like MVP, first-team, etc. I can't wait for next season!

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I love the "again" part in the thread title.

If Yao keeps playing like this, we're going to have to make this thread like a weekly thing. :D

7. chrisjordan

chrisjordan New Member

my sincere congrats for you.
    Our Pride. :cool:

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

i hope yao is voted 1st team all nba...it would be an injustice if shaq gets it....he's been injured for the same # of games as yao and yao's #s are better, but something tells me that shaq is gonna get the nod, i hope not though