1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, May 9, 2009.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Dude lasted as long as he could for us this seaoson. Played 77 games , another 9 playoff games. Got us to teh 2nd round, but it appears this was our ceiling. I feel we shut up alot of people by beating the Blazers. Getting outta the 1st rd was just a great feeling, I am very greatful for this season and what we accomplished. DA has got some serious questions for this team with the futures of Yao, TMac, and Ron. We love you Yao !

2. win2k

win2k Member

Really appreciate

3. esteban

esteban Member

Love Yao! I wish him all the best in life, he has nothing to prove in my eyes. A man and a warrior!

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

All I have to say right now. Is anybody who calls him soft, anybody who calls him a loser, anybody who calls him anything negative should burn in hell seriously.

Nobody not even Rocket fans have been appreciating what he has done in the NBA. Nobody appreciates how good he is and nobody appreciates how tough he is. Sadly, It will take the day he retires when people will appreciate him.

Win this for the best center in basketball and now the best human in the NBA now that Deke is retired.

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

He's not dead or retired. We don't need an appreciation thread yet.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Best wishes to Yao's rehab!

Great player and great person!

Honestly, I don't feel too bad for him. After all, the rockets passed the 1st round this year. Yao had a great year!

7. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I think we do need an appreciation thread.

Big guy had a hell of a year. He was a constant for us in a season of turmoil.

Imagine how he must feel right now?

Thanks for the great season Yao.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

appreciate yao for the year he provided for us. i will always remember his epic game 1 performance v. the lakers.

get better yao.

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

So Yao only gets an appreciation thread if he dies or retires? We should give the man his due everyday given his accomplishments this season.

10. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

His season and soon the Rockets season is over though. We are done like dinner. Plain and simple.

Just so sad, Barkley and Kenny were saying we had a pretty good chance winning it all. Yao out for season again. This is just sad. :(

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

You exaggerate way too much...

Appreciate Yao on the fact that he led us to the 2nd round with HCA or a 2-0 lead.

Get healthy... (Is a healthy Yao a myth?)

12. rocketshopeful

13. acjeitherocket

get well soon yao! we love u!!!!!!!!

14. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

he is not done yet, guys. just look at big Z. he needs to develop a mid range jumper now. i think all the low post abuse really hurt his body. just need somebody to create for him to make it easier for his body. i would say, give me a 8 million dollar a year contract or something like that. get somebody that can create.

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Pop some bubbly big man. You made it to the second round, and did all you could from there. We appreciate you, and chronic injury couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

16. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

No, I don't and I don't need people who think they are right all the time telling me anything.

Yao Ming is under-appreciated probably always will be with T-Mac only fans creeping up around here.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Luv u Big Man... get well soon. Please stop playing so much ball and let that body heal.

Everyone else calm down.

18. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

seconded

19. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Good Luck Yao, and thanks for getting us out of the 1st round.....We got that monkey off our backs, now lets kill the injury bug uh?

20. luisantonio1014

I think we might have a hex or something. Every year Yao or TMac gets injured. This year, both went out. I can't believe Yao lasted this long, especially with the Olympics last year.