1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming and the Mobes and Franchise Show................

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

......... I believe that Yao Ming will never be compatible with the agenda of the Mobes and Franchise Show. I dont believe the Guards will ever work to make this team a Center dominated team. In the Future, while they consider the Rockets their team,( In three years this duo have never made the playoffs) they can't co-exist to win a Championship. Team Basketball with great defence is what wins Championships. In the not too distant future I see Les rather than Rudy T deciding the direction of the team. I wonder which way should the team's future go?

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

If Rox miss the playoff this year, I truely believe they will do something this summer.

But right now, nobody will even allowed to say no to them because GUARDS ARE RED & HOT TODAY!!!

Let us dribble and shoot! LOL

3. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

If this is the story, Yao's agent will find him a better to end up with. And Houston ....(fill in words by u self):confused: ?????

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

these kind of posts come after our guards score 64pts and give us a win when our big man was non existant?

hmmm....

we are winning....who cares on touchs....we can rip all we want when it isnt working.

5. insider

insider Member

not to complain about francis or mobley's play today, since they won the game. but they barely escaped out of boston with a win. i'd like to see them beat teams by 20 or more. and the only way to do that is to get everybody on the team involved. usually when the scoring is not distributed evenly, they either barely escape (via overtime) or lose by 2 or 3 points after a large comeback. i don't think that's healthy for rockets fans to watch. i think most rocket fans would have a heart attack watching this team play.

and don't forget, the last time the rockets backcourt scored a ton and managed to save the day with a overtime victory(against la), they went on a losing streak afterwards, because as good as they can be some of the time, they can't win all the time if they don't get their teammates involved.

6. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Insider- It shouldnt matter if the rockets win by1,2, or 20 like you want, a win is a win. The rockets has 23 assists, I think thats decent, francis had 9 assists he distributed the ball pretty good IMO.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

My eyes are finally open. How could I not see that evil forces were at work, plotting a secret agenda? I mean, duh, of course Francis and Mobley don't want to win, they just want to score points and freeze Ming out. These two are sinister characters indeed, the way they buddy up with Ming and are completely friendly to him while secretly, they are plotting his demise. Only fools would assume that because Ming is a rookie, he is bound to have a few games like these. Thank you Yetti, my eyes are finally open, and I swear I will do all that I can to make sure these villians are brought to justice.

8. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

You people are ridiculously ignorant, this pisses me off when francis and mobley do good and you guys want to down them as much as you can. Yao had a bad game deal with it, the rockets won! Francis has 9 assists tonight he shared the ball well, I watched the entire game and yao got possition about 3 times, how do you expect the ball to get to him when hes not in possition, once yao gets stronger it will be easier for him to get possition until then he will have bad games like he did tonight. One thing you have to learn is that when a player has the hot hand the team wants to juice it take as much out of it as you can because thats whats gonna win it, and that was the case for francis and mobley. I want to see yao do good as much as you do, but if he has a bad game and the rockets win, then Ill take the win over his indivdual game any day. Learn the game of basketball and stop worrying about how yao did in the game, this is a team effort. Freez out yao?<~~~~how ignorant was that!!

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I believe you sound like a broken record...

broken record...

broken record...

broken record...

10. Oski2005

I'm stumped. Either this is supposed to be a parody of my post, though it sounds completely level headed, valid and is the kind of point I try to make, or you misunderstood my post. Please explain.

11. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

oski...I apologize to you, but my statement still stands to those who are pissed off about people thinking that the guards were freezing yao out.

12. Oski2005

It's all good.

13. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Im quoating myself since its not letting me go back and edit, I apologize to you, but my statement still stands to those who are pissed off because you think the guards were freezing yao out.

14. insider

insider Member

houstoncart, like i said, if they can they keep shooting well, and if they can win, i don't mind if they shoot as much as kobe does. as long as they win. who cares? but again i was just saying it can get frustrating watching this team play at times, since they do make stupid turnovers at times when there are people wide open as you saw on sportscenter. sometimes turnovers like that, can come back to haunt you. that's all i'm saying. it's a good thing francis and mobley shot well.

i never post on these topics since its r****ded to complain after a win and i don't even complain after losses. you never see me say trade francis or mobley or break up the entire damn team. :D But even in that lakers-rockets game that went to overtime when the rockets won. that one i could see they were not moving the ball well, and at times they made dumb turnovers.

they need to overcome turnovers like those if they want to win consistently.

15. rocketsball2003

how many of you people are real rocket fans???
    and how many of those are from houston???

i love my rockets and always will, im a fan that is in it for the long haul. mobley francis and yao and even griff, and even boki, will be together for a long long time... i hope anywhere from 10-15 years. so lets please just love our rockets and stop plotting against them.

16. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Preach on fellow fan....lol : )

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm f*cking giddy after the Mobes and Franchise show we got tonight.

18. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

did you watch the game uprisng? if not for yao who sucked in all the defence how the hell our guards can score so many easy buckets? rudy just mentioned it is the most committed defence on yao by any team in the season. yet he still managed get almost a double digit figure, most are in crunch time.

this team suck big A$$ without yao.

19. Oski2005

They didn't suck big A$$ 2 years ago when they were without Yao, Griff, Rice, the new and improved Cato, or Posey.

20. rocketsball2003

no we dont sucka.... we still have cato to fill in the middle. one man does not make the team.... let me say again, one man does not make the team.
    dont get me wrong i love yao, i know he will be great player for years to come... but one man does not make the team