1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao & Hasheem on the court together [video]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballclub, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ballclub

ballclub Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDdVQN7xEuI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDdVQN7xEuI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

From YaoMingMania.com:

3 people like this.
  2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Looks like he travels alot in the beginning of the video.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's one long tall dood. :grin:

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Bless his little 7-3 heart. :( That's all I could think in watching the first part of this. Oh my. Bless his little heart, and bless our little hearts.

Seems like a nice kid and I'll be rooting for him.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Man Yao is so HUGE!!!! Size, Height, Weight and I've been watching this guy since he entered the league.. It still amazing to see a big man like Yao play.. I just wish he was blessed with titanium feet.. :(

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

It shows how little basketball experience he has right from the start... may God have mercy on the Rockets!

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Watching Yao, he is like a precision machine, you can just tell how hard he works, it hurts to watch and think what could have been.

Hasheem has none of that work ethic, but you can see flashes of potential.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thabeet is freaking massive, athletic and has never had injury problems.

He has got to find a desire to be great. This will be his last chance...

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i really doubt adelman plays this guy very much this season......the kid's basketball skills and fundamentals are almost non-existent.....on the physical side he does have decent athleticism and coordination, but poor hands.....on the mental side, he doesn't seem nearly as dumb as stromile in the interviews but does appear lacking in the heart department.....hard to see what the front office was thinking with this move

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Well, the book on Thabeet is that he lacks fire in his belly. Without that fire, he will fail to improve.

Players can significantly improve their shortcomings through extensive practice, but lack of desire is a big redflag. To a certain extent, Hill shares Thabeet's problem.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i love how he thinks he's a soccer player. just couldn't help but kick the ball a few times :)

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I am just glad to see him in a workout vs. a "highlight"/"lowlight" video

13. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

nostalgia setting in..

I hope Thabeet really puts in work this summer with CD and anyone else qualified who willing to mentor him. He's got the size, he just needs the heart.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thanks for posting this.

Incredible to see the differences between Yao and Thabeet. Honestly looks like Thabeet has never had training on the proper technicals of the game. I think the athleticism is there....he just needs to harness it.

Yao being hurt could be a blessing in disguise. Let Yao mentor Thabeet, with some occasional help from Hakeem and Deke. If anyone can get Hasheem's career turned around, it's those 3.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

One problem i see with Thabeet is he seems to perform his hook shots pushing the ball up rather than just using the flick of his wrist, his shot will be less accurate this way as if you have the ball already in the air and are aiming with the flick of the wrist, it will be more accurate. The ball has a longer range of motion when it's being pushed up.

16. huynhct

huynhct Member

his footwork is horrible on the jump hooks whereas yao's is precise, almost identical going left or right.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Surely Thabeet can set the pick and roll to the rim for the pass from Goran??? Surely?? Please?? Pretty Please??

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Forget offense - if he can just learn to be disciplined on defense and be a legitimate threat in the paint and get rebounds he can be very good. Sort of a Ben Wallace type growth is needed with him.

The Rockets should lock him in a gym everyday this summer for about 10 hours and see what happens.

19. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Maybe we can keep Yao as a coach

20. Rockets_4_life

THIS^

Even with a possible lock-out next year, Thabeet will be around Yao and Hayes plus Hakeem and Deke (in the summer). Each player has something to teach him, Yao can help him out by helping him develop his hook shot and shooting mechanics. While Hakeem can work on his foot work and overall fundamental low post skills. Hayes can help him with defensive positioning; while Deke can teach him the fundamentals of blocking, rebounding and being the last line of defense.

This guy is a project, but we have the teachers to teach him. Plus it helps that his favorite player of all-time "Hakeem" is associated with the organization. For if anyone can reach Thabeet it will be his own Idol, Hakeem.