1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Spurs Release VSpan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sherlock, Aug 23, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for V-Span, he got what he wants, we got Scola.....fair trade.

As for what it proves, nothing.....time will tell.

DD

2. keyboardxbully

Back To Europe
    Aug 20 - Euroleague champion Panathinaikos has announced the return of Vassilis Spanoulis, a former all-Euroleague point guard with the Greens. Spanoulis arrives after one season with Houston of the NBA. Spanoulis is a reigning European champion with the Greek national team, with whom he also won a silver medal at last fall's World Championships.
    He and the Greens signed a three-year contract. -- Euroleague.net

Spanoulis signed his new contract (three years contract -- until July of 2010) for an amount of nearly 5 million euros. He is the most highly paid Green player. -- Eurobasket.com

---from ESPN Insider

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Today the NBA has become a league of even higher talent. Good riddance!!!

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good for him. I hope he will do well there. I think he figured out that he wasn't ready for the NBA.

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Why so much hate...he was released, big deal we saw it coming. Not like he's killing doggs.

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Now that he is back in Europe, I wonder if there is any chance that he will, just for curiosity sake, be checking out the amount of playing time either Aaron Brooks or Luis Scola (especially him) wind up getting next season from time to time since they are both rookies. He will have to take into account that a different head coach is coaching the team, though.

On the other hand, he might be too concerned with what is going on with his Greek team from Panathinaikos that either he might not care all that much or just won't have time to think about it.

If he ever decides to give playing in the NBA a second try at some time down the road, he will have to come in with a much different mental approach than what he came in with last season, as far as getting playing time is concerned.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wish the former rocket the best

8. OrangeCountyCA

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Not suprisin' for me at all...They really don't need VSPan. They have Parker, Udrih and Vaughn. That's all. VSpan is a solid player and I hope he'll have a great carrier in Europe

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Agree!He is maybe a good player but he's a quiter and sissy.We excepted more,everyone excepted more.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why give someone chances if they arent good enough?

How do you know adelman would have? its the same guy that didnt barely played g. wallace and k. martin in their first years.

but you are right...vpsan came in with an ego and felt he was owed something and when it wasnt given to him he pouted and cried to mommy

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vspunk needs to stay in Europe until he can figure out how to operate a razor.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

he knows. he just thought his didn't work all last year when it was just a matter of he needed the adapter for a US connection. People kept telling him, but his ego got in the way of understanding..."I don't need to adapt to my US connections; they need to adapt to me. And what does that have to do with my razor not working anyhow? I'm a STAR in Greece, dammit"

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow -- 23 pages in that other thread, but the sensible truth never emerged. This explains everything: the scruff, the confusion, the melancholy.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

HAHA- this is sweet... i feared that VSpan might somehow turn around and become like some amazing pg. nice to see that that cant happen.

the legend of morey grows,

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yep, morey knew VSpan was only worth tossing around as fodder in a trade. Morey was RIGHT...and so was Aldeman for not caring what happened to a bench scrub.

the over/under grows as well.

17. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

You said it brother and I second that notion! :D

18. BBall Scientist

"Billy" To Return To Rockets in 2010?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1925731#post1925731

Anyone know Adelman's contract term length and any Greek fans know if these figures on Spanoulis' contract are true?

19. SmitingPurpleEm

BBall SockPuppeteer strikes again. If you haven't read the bizarre, hilarious thread in NBA Dish, you missed him. Here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=133561&page=14&pp=20
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=133561&page=21&pp=20

Post #265 and Post #409 are the damning posts full of evidence. In between watch BBall SockPuppeteer throw an utterly bizarre hissy fit.

20. BBall Scientist

FYI for anyone interested, SmitingPurple and Sam are the same person. Their IP's while different are traced to the same source with tracking software, just two different connection types.

The evidence is not only overwhelming, it's frankly beyond damning. Apparently "they" or should I say he or she didn't realize there is software that allows any user to view the source codes on a forum.