1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Ricky Rubio signs with Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by BimaThug, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In b4 Rockets Dynasty can say he sucks.

PS he sucks.

4. BimaThug

Supporting Member

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The question I have is whether or not this lowers the theoretical price on that #2 pick. If Cleveland goes with Williams like many are saying now, Irving suddenly becomes less valuable to Minnesota than it would be to a team in need of a PG. For example, if they were to trade that pick to Cleveland and get the 4, they most likely would still be able to acquire their desired pick (Kanter) at the 2 spot, and Cleveland would get what they wanted in Irving at 2.

It's pretty much all conjecture at this point, but I hope the Rockets can exploit something, ANYTHING, in these proceedings. Kahn has too big an ego for us not to be able to manipulate him.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not happening. The question is what do with Beasley/Wes Johnson once you draft Derrick Williams. I wouldn't mind if we were able to get Beasley for cheap... maybe send out a package involving Courtney Lee and others.

7. AFS

AFS Member

After all the speculation about his ability to play in the NBA, we'll finally be able to find out. It's about time.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We should aim to acquire Wes Johnson. I think he will be a good two way player for a long time.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Don't see Minnesota trading Wes Johnson.

And they'll take Kanter whether they are at 2 or trade back to 4 w/ cleveland and detroit.

i think they could have a great young team in place.

10. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing recently.

Remember, at the time Minnesota selected Wes, they had no idea that Miami would be GIVING AWAY Michael Beasley for nothing a couple of weeks later, or that Beasley would be such a nice fit for them as an over-sized SF. Meanwhile, the Wolves were then forced to play Wes out of position at the SG spot, where he has been less than effective. And since it is highly likely that, if they keep the #2 pick, they'll take Williams, I just don't know where Wes fits in on that team.

The problem is, short of Kevin Martin (who I'd like to keep if we're "only" getting Wes), who/what do the Rockets have that Minnesota would want in exchange for him?