1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball League (Need about 5 players!)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zlicciardo, Mar 28, 2016.

1. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

It's going to be a standard scoring, head-to-head league. We had a bunch of people bail out of the league so we need some people to take their place, we've been doing the league for about 3 years now and the people that are staying are actual players so we won't quit on the league. Hopefully anyone that signs up will stay all year and possibly play for years to come. It was a keeper league so some players will be kept. I don't have the exact list yet but, whoever joins on here first will get to pick a position player and a pitcher. And the next person and so on... Please only ask to join if you plan on playing this year. Draft will be Friday or Saturday most likely so we need to get this going.

Thanks everyone.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

how much?

3. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

It's free, just for bragging rights. I guess I should have mentioned that lol

4. K mf G

im interested, although i havent played fantasy sports in a while

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Funny... I was just thinking about fantasy baseball today. I haven't played in years. I played in a keeper league probably ten years ago and enjoyed it. I might be down too.

Are the owners active? Meaning, if you send a trade request they'll actually communicate or even negotiate with you?

Thanks

6. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

I'm interested, my friends league disbanded this year so i'm looking for an active league to keep up with. Do you need e-mail or private message me on here?

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I posted in the thread you put in the 'Stros forum before all these suckahs.

8. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Okay, thanks for all the replys. So it will be very active. The people that are in the league that stayed from previous years are all active, meaning trades and lineup settings. Longhornsfan did reply first so when I get the list of keepers he will have first choice. As soon as I get home I'll send out emails to whoever is interested. And I will post the keepers here. Draft will be this Friday at 7 pm. If y'all are interested you can either put your email here or send me a message like Longhorns did.

9. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Okay, anyone that would like to play, please send me your email. So far Longhornfan is the only one to say yes, a few of you are interested but i need emails. I need at least 4 more players, up to 6. But 4 would give us 10 which I am okay with. You will need to pick ONE position player and ONE pitcher, not two of one and zero of the other.

The keepers from previous owners are...

Carlos Correa and Madison Bumgarner
    Bryce Harper and Jake Arrieta
    Mike Trout and Matt Harvey
    Clayton Kershaw and Paul Goldschmidt
    Chris Archer and Jose Bautista

10. K mf G

sent a message

11. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

So I'm not sure why but my private message is disabled by administrator? So what longhornfan did was put it in a rep message.

Anyone else interested in joining?

1 person likes this.
  12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'm interested but I don't think I can make the Friday 7 pm draft. So, I'm out.

13. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Okay I need longhornfan to tell me his 1 pitcher and 1 position player and then once he does rockets1988 can pick

14. LonghornFan

I'm leaving the office, gotta pick up the Boxer. I'll make the two picks in a bit. Hoping I can make a 7pm draft though as that's usually right when I'm getting home on a Friday.

15. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

I'm sure I can move it to 730 if that works for everyone else

16. LonghornFan

8 would be perfection but it's your league and live draft where everyone is there is excellent. I'm sure I can make whatever time though.

Looking at keepers now as I grill my Ribeyes

17. LonghornFan

Nolan Arenado, 3B, Colorado.

Max Scherzer, SP, Nationals.

18. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Got it.

19. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Rockets1988- please select your keepers