1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo.com] Spurs pushing to get Boris Diaw before deadline

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsMAN!, Mar 21, 2012.

1. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Spurs are going to be dangerous if they get this guy.

With him and Jackson, they're a legitimate team to me to get out of the west. They're that good.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Boris Diaw sucks

5. what

what Member

The spurs still have kryptonite. They don't match up well with the grizzlies or the lakers because of the dominant low post game. But they are tough to beat no doubt.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree actually. He can contribute in a triangle oriented offense though, as a role player.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't know if I trust a team that old, their core guys have a lot of miles on them, even with taking games off.

I think if they can avoid the more atheltic teams like Denver, they can have a run. I don't see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series though.

8. cod

cod Member

The cow he ate has affected his ability to score on and off the court.

9. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

LMAO!!!!

10. what

what Member

denver is not going to beat nobody, least of all the spurs. this is ridiculous that yall are jocking this team. Last year, yeah. They were dangerous. This year, they are barely a playoff team.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hahaha

the guy has let itself go for some reason or another..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Diaw looks terrible!

Diaw looks terrible. He was on my fantasy team. He actually played good in the beginning fantasy wise then decided to not care. He could be a very good pickup for the Spurs though if he actually cares which I think a new environment and Pops can do.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Spurs are deeeeeeeep. Danny Green emerging to a damn good role player. Kawhi Leonard is already damn good with loads of potential. Splitter, Jackson, Neal can all go for 20 points.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not sure I really understand this signing. I guess its low risk, but in the Spurs offense, he's going to be interchangeable with Bonner, and Bonner is probably the better 3 point shooter. Whatever, its not like he's going to be able to handle the Mexican Food down there in SA. If his isnt 350 pounds yet, he should be pretty soon.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He can put up numbers but considering how fat he's gotten you can tell he's not a hard worker

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Diaw certainly looks like he would be dangerous to a ham sandwich, at least.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He will make an immediate impact for the Spurs along with Stephen Jackson. Theya re going to be dangerous if everyone stays healthy.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

this guys legit. probably got the best touch/hands for a big man in the league. if he goes to a contender and loses some weight hes capable of putting up 6th man of the year numbers. rockets would be foolish not to try hard to get this guy.

just because someone is fat or have a few complete brain farts does not make them a bad/stupid player. some guys here like the occurance of the event of rooting and chanting the names of shane battier and courtney fortson again and again like as if the 2 players were their own babies while flaming on the likes of Boris Diaw and JaVale McGee. All this hardworking/practising heaps "intangibles" those guys are supposed to possess seems to elevate those kind of players to all-star level in some of posters' minds here. im gonna go against the tide and say the nba is a business and either you produce the numbers/results that are higher than the guy next to you or you cannot say you are better than that guy next to you. shane battier going to practice early everyday does not make him any better a player than he already was if he didn't attend those practice sessions early. meanwhile javale mcgee and allen iverson probably skips a practice every week but they are still legit players giving your team trips to the W column. boris diaw, no matter how fat he is, is still a legit player. he may not be as good as his prime days in Phoenix but he is still better than half of the league. this guy is better than marcus morris will ever be. cant believe some guys are hating on this balla and having wet dreams about the likes of courtney fortson and marcus morris.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

love your sig and support for our own grassroots players, but that lineup is not gonna cut it unless hakeem "the dream" olajuwon comes back to his prime in some form of reincarnation and metamorphosis onto the Houston Rockets

20. Ditty

Ditty Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Free agent Boris Diaw reaches agreement on deal with the San Antonio Spurs. http://yhoo.it/GJwQcr