1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports] The Front Office, coachinges

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 5, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://tinyurl.com/2b6av7y

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

FAIL on the title :eek: :eek:

Please fix.

Should read: The front office, coaching and free agent power play ripple effects.

:eek:

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Good read. I had forgotten that Thibodeau had ties with WWW and that does make for some interesting assumptions as to whether or not James is going to Chicago. If James do bolt for Chicago, I think he's going to just sign with them outright. After all, the current Bulls team plus James would be a bonafide title contender and a Bulls team plus James but minus a Deng or Noah won't be any better that what James had in Cleveland.

It's also interesting that Gilbert has decided to be more hands-on with his team and that's probably going to torpedo the Cavaliers more than anything else IMO

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

i can't wait. LeBron being a Chicago Bull. that's gonna be freaking exciting.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm hoping too.

6. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I think Bosh never really considered Houston to be honest. That's why you saw New York, Chicago and Miami desperately trying to dump non-expiring contracts at the trade deadline.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe he did, maybe he didnt. Though I'd tend to agree and don't think we'll end up with him. Either signs outright with Miami or if James signs in Chicago, he tells Toronto to work out a S&T with them imo. Chicago can't afford to sign 2 max guys can they?

8. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

They can't. IMO Bosh will most likely join Wade in Miami.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Lebron and his crew is going to really take over the front office decisions with whatever team get signs with, I wonder how this makes other players feel. Yeah, it would be great to play with Lebron, but do I really want to also play FOR Lebron and his insiders?

Not that these guys are bad people or anything, and it's not unusual for a star to have some influence, but the situation just seems weird. Front office guys put in all kind of time scouting, watching tape, breaking down stats, etc. in order to make good decisions, if Lebron and his crew are gonna have powers typically belonging to GMs, are they going to be putting in the kind of hours that, for example, Daryl Morey and his staff put in?

10. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Dan Gilbert dug his own grave. Michael Jordan didn't get to decide who comes and who goes, why should Reinsdorf hand it over to LeBron now(provided he signs with the Bulls)? Plus it's been proven that the Bulls could build a dynasty with a dominant player.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jordan hated (still does) Reinsdorf. It would be interesting how LeBron would mesh with the owner after being spoiled rotten by Gilbert.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not sure LeBron will "take over the front office" of any team unless he remains with the Cavs. The Cavs are the only team who's entire relevance depends solely on LeBron. I know if he goes to Miami, Riles will still be large and in charge.

13. University Blue

So free agency will be decided by July 1st? Let's hope so.

IMO, Team LBJ is / will be driven by money and prestige first; basketball second. Which is fine, as long as they are honest about it.

But they are not; and when Team LBJ finally announces their intentions, there will be a lot of upset and angry fans, front offices, and one or two owners.

Will there by anti-LBJ parades and HoustonH8[LBJ].com sites?

14. Shaud

Shaud Member