1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL^^^ Wow, true that. The PS4 hardcore gamers actually bragging about movie "features"..... Wow

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My daughter is going nuts right now because it was announced today that Kingdom Hearts III will be coming out on XBox One. I love her, but I'm not dropping 500 bucks just for one video game.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

By god you're right, $50/yr isn't that much. Especially considering PS3, PS4, Roku, etc all force you to pay to use your Netflix subscription as well!

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

dual layer game disc is a "movie feature"

:rolleyes:

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Xbone, for people with jobs.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

also
    i'm pretty sure Xsatyr was being sarcastic

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It had virtually no impact on gameplay except for the couple secs it takes to change the disc. It def didn't serve any use for graphics. It did allow devs to load the disk with uncompressed files though.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

well, its a feature thats available in the price of gold membership. they arent charging extra for it..

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Indeed.

I do believe it served no purpose for gaming though. But I also have no problem with consoles serving multiple purposes. Personally, I enjoyed my blu-ray player this gen.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't like the oppressive DRM regime. It really feels like a long term rental. Granted, I like the way Steam has handled things, but their approach is more open.

I wonder how Gamefly will react to this. They may have to bend over and pay some massive royalties to continue to operate with Xbone users.

But anyways, there will be cheaper set-top boxes that will mimic what the xbone does. A firmware upgrade for PS4 isn't out of the question given their near identical architectures.

Just wondering where you're coming from since the original reply was curious.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Sounds like you don't love her, you better pony up, pops.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

xbox should have just been like "**** physical games" all together and released a system with no disc drive. you need the internet anyway. just make it 100% digital download and offer lower prices comapred to the physical discs. they would shut all this **** up. its time to move forward. discs will eventualy be obsolete..

gaming developers save money because they dont have to manufacture physical copies, xbox doesnt have to worry about game sharing. they are already alienating broke people with no internet connection.. they should go all out with it. launch the new era of digital media...

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Last of Us sequels will be worth it.

Not sure what I need the Kinect for? I've been just fine without it up to this point.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

and vita, 3ds, and wii U.

they don't have to pay to access THEIR netflix.

i'm starting to believe that Salvy is somehow working for Microsoft.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kingdom Heart's is my son's favorite game. He can't wait for KHIII. We're in the PS camp and will likely stay that way, but this may open up the possibility for XBox One. What will likely keep it shut is the DRM issue and $100.00 price difference.

16. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It's on PS4.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

The Last of Us looks interesting, its one of the few games that really does look good but lets be honest for a second and forget about consoles. What if flops.... What if The Last of Us is not good..... What if it is good but not amazing..... The expectations for that game are extremely high and you have to wonder if in the end it will fulfill expectations. On another note, its not a game I think will have much replay value... I cant imagine any grown set of guys saying... "Yo lets go to my house and The Last Of Us"....... And you know what, the game looks beautiful.... The story line looks extremely good too and they are prob going to play with out emotions and truly make us care for that little girl but just don't lean on PS4 because of that one game......

Kinect is what sets the difference in the console wars.... They will both have great games and great graphics. Aimed at different markets and people but the Xbox has the Kinect. A hands free controller that I still think is going to be way better than first and that could possibly be a game changer... :p

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well let me see, I want to watch my movies on vita? No... 3ds? lol No.... Wii U? Doubt because I'm not going to buy a Wii because of its media and content features.... Xbox charges you $50 for Xbox live, and in Xbox live you can find you app for Netflix. Do you expect these kind of services to be free? Its not even expensive. On top of that you are going to have your movies, games, music, friends in one place only words away from enjoying what you want or together with whom you want. One does more...

19. joesr

joesr Member

I saw Sony doing a vid about how they share games and I assumed it was a knock on Xbox. Can someone explain what Xbox does?

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So I can access my paid Netflix subscription for free on ANY device EXCEPT Xbox... so yeah, I expect it to be free.

Apparently in your world, paying a 2nd fee to access something is way better than only paying once. Totally makes sense, man.