1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Xbox 360) Tales of Vesperia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sccdct34, Aug 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

Anyone picking this one up?

I have never played a Tales game before, but I am interested in this game being an RPG fan, Can anyone tell me what to expect with this series?

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Did you download the demo on xbl? I wasn't impressed...Square's dropping like 3 RPGs in 2009. I think I'll wait then.

3. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I did play the demo.. It was pretty good, but it just drops you in the middle of the game and I don't think I really knew what all I could do with the characters.

Yeah, Last remnant looks interesting and I have been keeping a close eye on Infinite Undiscovery as well.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that game (infinite undiscovery) got bad reviews on ign. plus the name is dumb

5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I like the Tales series quite a bit, but I just don't have the time (or the focus). I haven't even finished Lost Odyssey yet, probably only a 10th of the way through it.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ToV is the first rpg for the 360 that really really interests me. I expect it to be very good.

Tales of Symphonia was one of my favorite games last gen, and Tales of the Abyss would have been up there too if it weren't for the god awful loading times.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

i think infinite discovery is developed by tri-ace, not square. square only published the game.

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

That's true, although I believe all games by Tri-ace have been published by Square-Enix (and some Tri-ace properties have been developed by other divisions within Square-Enix), so it is easy to assume they're basically the same company. If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft funded and was originally going to publish Infinite Undiscovery, but Square-Enix took over that role a while back.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

My brother is obsessed with the whole series.

I'm definitely going to pick this up, just not right now... too many other things to play... but I'm definitely getting it when I can get it on the cheap.

Just from watching some of the previous games played, even... I have to say this comes recommended.

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

LO is a very solid JRPG. Jansen = best character ever.