1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[XBOX 360/PC] Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I started the thread for the first Mass Effect back in 2007, so I guess I will do the same for the sequel (If I just missed it, please merge).

The sequel, which looks to be superior in every way, comes out in less than two weeks (Jan. 26th). Anyone besides me picking it up? Already pre-ordered mine.

If you haven't played the first one, do yourself a favor and get it. It is only like $17 new now.

You can find the original thread for the first one here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=137868

If you still need to be sold, view the vid.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZPcfYh5GX8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZPcfYh5GX8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. magman

magman Member

I cannot wait! I'm eager to see hoe the choices and my Shepard character will transfer over to Mass Effect 2, I had multiple play troughs on the original with different actions, so I wonder how the game will determine how to continue.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the first, and the second is my most anticipated game of 2010.

4. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

Very Excited about this game especially since Yvonne Strahovski and Adam Baldwin from the TV show Chuck are gonna be main characters.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QroRRLJtAjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QroRRLJtAjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I played through a few times as a Paragon and as a Renegade. Should make the replay value through the (eventual) trilogy incredibly high.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I watched the trailer and thought the chick at 0:36 looked like Yvonne. Same lips. I guess that's why.

8. A00man

A00man Member

Can't wait for this game! The first is my favorite game of this gen even with all the problems it had. The story and characters were just that good! From all reports, Bioware has vastly improved the inventory system and ironed out all the glitches that plagued the first game. Mass Effect 2 should be amazing and could potentially be one of the best games ever!

9. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

I just finished my level 60 playthrough not too long ago. I pre-ordered the ME2 Collector's Edition from EA with free shipping also. If they ship it like they did with Dragon Age, I should get ME2 on the release date or a day early.

I sure hope they've fixed the graphical issues and hardware sound issues that were in the first game.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I got Dragon Age about 2 days early from Amazon. 1 day shipping FTW.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is this game better on Xbox or PC?

12. AXG

AXG Member

I loved the first ME. I played it at least 5+ times through. My only concern with ME is compared with other RPGs, there aren't many side quests/activites to do beyond the basic gameplay. I hope Bioware fixed this and made it a deeper game like KOTOR. Either way, I'll buy the game. The story was great and had plenty of action.

13. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I'm not even close to being done with Dragon Age yet! Leave me alone Bioware, I have other things to do. ME2 is going to be badass, for sure.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Not on PS3?

15. Castro

Castro Member

Finished the first one on PC, loved it! Can't wait for this one!

Am i the only one that thought Carrie Ann Moss was sexy as hell in the Matrix? She's different looking..i dunno....but she has aged quiet a bit! I'd still do her. I'd do all those wimmens playing the voices in that video.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Meh...the game is all right. I finished the first one once. Some of the side missions aren't that fun and are boring, the regular missions are decent, but I didn't like how pretty much all of them are slow paced(probably because you had to pause in order to use your special abilities). I am not much of a fan of RPGs overall.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it's like Dragon Age it depends. The game itself might be better on the PC but there is a decent chance that it won't work, and the EA tech support has been horrible on Dragon Age.

On Xbox there aren't the same variables that will interfere with running the program so it will most likely work quite well.

That was my experience with Dragon Age. I have a copy for both Xbox and PC. I've not yet been able to really play my PC version. I've been able to see it, and play through parts of it with much of the stuff(like sound) missing.

I can tell it would be great if it worked like it was supposed to. MY PC specs are above the recommended specs EA lists.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stick with Xbox version of ME2

18. Castro

Castro Member

I played on my cousins computer. He bought it from a friend who builds all his pc's. Hell no that game wouldn't run on my garbage pc. But, if you do have a bad ass one, im sure it looks better on PC.

19. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Graphically, the PC version of Dragon Age was the best looking and I've never had problems with it. Well, the only real problem I encountered was a possible memory leak that would cause slower load times after hours of play. I haven't patched the game yet, so I don't know if it's been fixed.

Mass Effect for PC on the other hand wasn't even brought to the PC by Bioware. It was ported by Demiurge Studios and was known for some graphical and sound issues. The main gameplay remained intact. I'm not sure, but I think BioWare is handling all of ME2, so there shouldn't be as many problems.

For ME2 I'm guessing that graphics-wise there may be some enhancements over the XBox version since the PC hardware is better, but there shouldn't be much. It would probably be just higher resolutions and faster framerates for the PC version. It mostly would just come down to your control preference, controller vs. kb/m.

As far as ME2 being a deeper game, I'm sure it is. It's coming on 2 DVD's after all. PC users can install it all at once, but XBox users are going to have to swap discs. It's back to the days of MGS on PS1 ;)

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I've only just started playing the first one... been trying to kill my backlog for awhile. Pretty good so far... so I'm sure I'll pick up this 2nd one eventually.