1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBOX 360 Kinect reviews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Major

Major Member

All the "developers won't participate", "it won't appeal to the mainstream", etc is the same stuff we heard when the Wii came out with its crappy graphics, weird motion controller, etc.

At the end of the day, if there are a lot of people owning it, developers will design for it.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I want it for the same reason. No need to search around for my Xbox remote.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually it is still true with the Wii, while they sell a lot of units, they do not sell a lot of games, and developers generally ignore games for it, or have someone do a cheap port of their PS3 or 360 version of it.

The Wii outsells all the other consoles, bu tthe attach rate of games is much lower, people who own Wii products buy the big Nintendo titles, but in general, other publishers/developers stuff do not sell well on the Wii.

BTW - I own a Wii, and have 2 kids, the 360 and PS3 get way more use.....and some of the games my kids play on the WII are the old Game Cube games.

The WII is sort of like a casual games console, it is good for Nintendo, but not so good for 3rd party developers or 2nd party publishers....

DD

4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

That's like saying "most people like vinegar pig tails... because I like vinegar pig tails".

5. DaDakota

Are they good?

I am only saying what I know from inside the industry, and folks I talk with each and every day.

A good friend of mine is running Kinect, or is in charge of the 3rd party content, the only way anyone is developing for it is if MS pays.

Whereas tons of people are doing stuff for the new PS3 controller on their own.

DD

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Haters gonna hate DD. I appreciated your input on the subject.

7. DaDakota

I like the concept, and really like the video conferencing and enterprise applications for it.

I am just not sold on it as a gaming solution......and it is so difficult to create a game for a controller and then implement all those controls to hand and body gestures....

So, you take the path of least resistance and make the games for the Xbox and PS3 but for the controller only....and if MS wants to pony up the $$$$ to get people to port it over, sure.....

DD

8. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

True just like ps3 and NBA 2k11

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Again, appreciate the input. Never looked at it that way, but you're making perfect sense.

Sometimes, people take you in the wrong context because of your man-crushes on VSpan or Von Wafer, or your dislike of us acquiring Carmelo.

Fortunately, I can compartmentalize.

10. SunsRocketsfan

true about the Wii... so scratch that. Ps Move then :)

I actually tried the bowling on kinnect and no it does not work better than the wii remote and definitely not better than the ps3 move. You have to do very exaggerated and not natural movements to get a consistent spin on the ball. Not realistic in that regards. The netflix menu scrolling works as advertised

11. SunsRocketsfan

Yup I have some inside sources of all the cool things coming out for the PS3 Move controller.

12. AXG

AXG Member

Just like the Wii, unless it comes out with better games it doesn't have much appeal to me.

13. DaDakota

The Wii has sold well, but a lot of them are gathering dust on shelves, and people are no longer buying their games.

They buy the big ones, Mario, Zelda etc...but not much else....

I think they undermarketed the backwards compatibility of it...you can go to Gamestop and buy some outstanding GameCube games and play them on the Wii.

DD

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Question, should I sell my Wii for money to buy Kinect/PS Move?

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

But is it really even worth buying a new age console to play gamcube games? It seems like a lot of the highly rated Wii games coming out doing even incorporate the Wii controls very much (Classic style Mario games and Kirby Yarn Adventure). Those are essentially Super Nintendo games. The only two games I came across that utilized the controllers were Metroid Prime and MadWorld.

16. juicystream

WiiWare and Virtual Console on the Wii are reason enough to own one. I want a DS for the retro games they have released.

17. DaDakota

I am not saying "Don't own one" ...I have one upstairs too, but when given a choice in buying games, I always go for the 360 or the PS3 versions if there are available.

I only buy the big wii games now....and my kids are 8 and 12 year old boys...

DD

18. juicystream

I don't think I've played a Wii game yet that is available on other consoles. Every game I've bought has been exclusively Wii or Exclusively Xbox(Outside of FFXIII, but since I don't have a PS3, there was only one choice). I'm curious to try the game play of Goldeneye and how it compares to playing FPS on 360.

19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

EyeToy.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wonder if the Kinect recognizes your penis. Just saying... :p