1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF moments with friends or relatives

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VesceySux, Aug 15, 2004.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

One minute, you're kicking back with a college friend of yours at The Ginger Man (yes, that's me next to her :) ):

[​IMG]

... The next thing you know (unbeknownst to you), she's starting for the Greek Olympic soccer team:

[​IMG]

Here's another quick one: A friend of my sister, who once jokingly put my old dog in the microwave (but never turned it on, of course), is now head of a company in New York. Also, he just happens to be Adam Dell, brother of Michael Dell (yes, that Dell).

Anyone else have "WTF!?!?" moments regarding friends or relatives?

2. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I hear Adam Dell is an *******.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

BTW VS, love that picture of you. That's a nice looking sweater.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

LOL. It's a shirt!

hjg877 - Adam's not a bad guy. He was a bit of a lazy bum for a while, but now he's a productive bum. :)

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Was friends with Renee Zellweger in High School.

I remember she went to Australia for a week between our junior and senior year and came back with a fake, Good day mate throw another shrimp on the barbie accent that lasted 6 months.

No when I see her in a movie or on an awards show, no matter what she says, all I hear is that fake accent.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I grew up next door to Angie Theriot. You know her?

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I went out with this girl a few times back in high school.

WARNING - NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK

www.roxannegalla.com

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think we discussed this before a couple years back. Maybe maybe no. The name sounds familiar but I did my best to burn up some of my spare brain power back in the day (wink wink nudge nudge say no more). ;)

By the way, your sister cheryl looks the same now as she did 15 years ago. I saw her in that photo of you, your fiance and your friends in vegas. I was amazed how little she had changed. I look nothing like I did back then.

9. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I remember going to see my uncle do several off and on-Broadway shows in NYC, to only later see him costar in the greatest sit-com of all time. I hope his new one this fall ain't a dud like the last. ;)

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

hopefully, someone will have a WTF moment about me.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's right, we did. I'm in the same boat as you with the remembering thing. ;) Yeah, she's always looked exactly the same. I remember asking her about you and she said she remembered you.

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

When I was in Elementary and Jr. High I went to several schools in SE Texas. I went to one school for k-3 but moved and lost track of most of the people I was friends with. I had 2 fairly close friends a guy and a girl. The guy I would see occasionally because we ended up playing sports against each other but the girl, I had no idea what happened to her. In Jr. High I was good friends with another guy that was in several classes with me but I went to a private HS and he went to a public school. I lost track of him after our freshman year.

About a year and a half ago I had a WTF moment. I heard a song from a group that I had heard of but had never really listened to them. I liked the song so I started doing research on the group and ran across a guy with the same name as the guy I had gone to Jr. High with. A little internet stalking and I find out it is the same guy. He has been a producer for several groups and produced and played keyboards for this particular group. Upon further discovery, the guy had married the girl I went to elementary with. It was weird to think that I had known both of them real well at different times of my life, and they turn out to be married to one another.

13. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

LOL... "hey dude, you know the serial killer trials? that guy used to post on my BBS!"

j/k

14. yipengzhao

link didn't work... i'm assuming she turned into a p*rn star?

way to go! you one upped MacBeth.

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

16. yipengzhao

^^ I mean... dude... she was in High School... how could he have known?

17. Sane

Sane Member

My friend turned out to be the son of one of the richest people in the world. Does that count?

TWO of my ex-girlfriends turned out to be related (although distant) to me.

18. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Nice.

I was in Oz for close to a month, and that accent didn't last the 21-hour flight from Sydney to El Lay.

Of course, that was aided by being on the plane with a group of 8-13 year olds, a singing troupe called "G'Day USA!"

Not enough duty-free Chivas in the world to get me through that one.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

My girlfriend's sister is an actress. Not a famous one by any means, but she's been in enough stuff for me to have known who she was. More of a "small world" than "WTF?" moment.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I once turned on the tv and saw some friends of mine being interviewed on the national news. They were camping in Mexico and Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir rapist, was hanging out with them when he got caught by a bounty hunter. They didn't know who he was, and didn't like him, but were just kind of tolerating him. The guy was trying really hard to latch on to them and be their friend. So after that I had to watch the Andrew Luster story on tv just to see if somebody played the parts of my friends, but I guess they cut that part out. :D

I was friends with this girl in junior high through high school, and a couple of years after. One day, a couple of years ago, I sat down with a cheeseburger and turned on the tv, only to immediately see her on the Gilmore Girls (tv was just on that channel when I turned it on, I do not watch that show :D). The girl was like 30 playing a high school student. She was on a couple of other shows too, but had a reoccurring role on the gilmore show.