1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF!!!!! Dad Confesses To Burning Baby In Microwave

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tested911, May 16, 2007.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

Investigators: Dad Confesses To Burning Baby In Microwave

Click2Houston.com
    Related To Story

Video: Dad Accused Of Burning Baby In Microwave

Investigators: Dad Confesses To Burning Baby In Microwave

POSTED: 7:20 am CDT May 16, 2007
    UPDATED: 12:47 pm CDT May 16, 2007

GALVESTON, Texas -- A 19-year-old has been arrested and charged after police said his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Joshua Mauldin of Arkansas has been charged with injury to a child causing serious harm. He is in the Galveston County jail with bond set at $250,000.

At Shriners Burns Hospital on Tuesday, doctors treated internal injuries and third-degree burns the infant suffered to the left side of her face and left hand. She is listed in critical condition.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child's injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

"I've been doing this for a lot of years and it actually brought tears to my eyes," Almendarez said. "I'm sitting there looking at the pictures and I'm sitting there looking at him and there's nothing I could really do about it but just keep my composure and go on."

Detectives said Mauldin later confessed to putting his daughter in the microwave and said he was frustrated by the demands of caring for her.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin's mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston to look for work as a minister.

If convicted, Mauldin could receive a prison term of five to 99 years, as well as a fine of up to $10,000.

Copyright 2007 by Click2Houston.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

If anybody is planning on shooting this Mother F$#^ker I will donate the bullets... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he beat you, hotballa

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

tested, why would you post this kind of sick news?

i actually felt a shiver reading this btw.

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Damn how can people be so stupid. I wish they had an eye for an eye law when it comes to most crimes. Stick his ass in a giant oven for 10-20 seconds. the scary part is that there is so many fing crazy/stupid ppl like this. :mad:

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This was after God told Bush to go into Iraq.

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

OMG.

What did that little baby do to deserve that?

First, it was that sick lady chopping off her baby's gentials.

Are we in hell?

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:confused:

Anyway, one of God's few mistakes was making stupid people fertile.

8. Buck Turgidson

Because he's just as ****ed in the head as you are?

Seriously, we can do with less of this stuff in the hangout, imo.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree. it doesn't exactly spark discussion. just a bunch of posts about how awful it is.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I don't dig it either.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Maybe we could put it in one thread so we don't have to see the titles all of the time. We could call it Sick News.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I figured you'd make a joke about it. :p

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Now if he'd have fried the kid cross eyed and there was a picture, that would be different. ;)

14. TraJ

TraJ Member

I got to see the baby Monday evening, just a little while after she was released from the hospital. Some of our good friends are her foster parents. She seems to be doing really well, but she obviously still has a lot ahead of her. It was a joy, however, to see her foster mom get her to smile.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ Glad to hear it...

WTF is wrong with people...I mean seriously, how could anyone think of this kind of torture... :mad:

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

That's cool.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cool at least the kid is ok. maybe it was for the best. meaning this one single incident got her away from a bad parent. instead of a ton of small things over several years.