1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[[wsbtv]Lakers Star Arrested In Georgia DUI Incident

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14260878/detail.html

Lakers Star Arrested In Georgia DUI Incident

POSTED: 12:24 pm EDT October 3, 2007
    UPDATED: 2:16 pm EDT October 3, 2007

VALDOSTA, Ga. -- Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown faces misdemeanor charges in south Georgia following a weekend incident in which his cousin was charged with driving under the influence.

Valdosta Police Department Lieutenant Bobbi McGraw says police pulled over Charles Warren Junior early Saturday morning for driving the wrong way down a one-way street. McGrawn says officers began questioning Warren about the strong smell of alcohol in his vehicle.

McGraw says Brown approached the officers and told them he was Warren's cousin and that the vehicle belonged to the basketball player.

McGraw says Brown became disruptive and tried to interfere with the officers' investigation, which led to his arrest. Police charged Brown with disorderly conduct and inferring with an officer after his cousin was charged with DUI.

The 25-year-old Brown was released shortly after his arrest. McGraw says jail officials had no record of how much he paid in bond.

Brown attended Glynn Academy High School in Brunswick, Ga. and was the High School Player of the Year his senior year. He was set to play for the University of Florida, but decided to go directly to the NBA after high school in 2001.

Lakers officials told the Los Angeles Times they are aware of the charges but declined to comment further.

Brown, the top draft pick in 2001, was accused of sexual assault in May 2006 by a college student, but prosecutors rejected the case because of a lack of evidence.

Copyright 2007 by WSBTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Lakers "star" arrested... :D :D :D

3. Dave McNulla

Dave McNulla Member

:confused: i thought they were in hawaii for training camp.

4. uchlha

uchlha Member

hmm anyone know if the cops were white?

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

or just maybe the officer had a birthday cake and kwame stole it.

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

he is a star?

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Exactly what I was thinking. As far as my memory goes, I only remember Kobe being their only star with Odom being a much smaller semi-star.

I thought you had to be somewhat decent to be a star. I guess things are different in the plastic world of the lala land.

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Haha, you read my mind.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My mom always said, "That's what happens when kids skip school." I guess that's what happens when players skip training camp.