1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WRT Playoffs this season, anyone else think that Dwight-out and Asik-in is great for getting Asik ba

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justbuckets, Mar 21, 2014.

1. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

I think having Omer start these last few games (and playing very well) will help him regain confidence in himself and his team and make the bench mob a real solid group once the postseason begins.

That and we can let Dwight take a little extra time off to get legs back.

Yes/no?

2. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

*wow just realized that I wrote that title badly. I'm talking about how Asik is in for Dwight because of D12's injury.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Its great. Especially having the luxury of resting Dwight. Dwight rest, Asik gets his wish to start. Everybody wins

4. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I think this is definitely a positive. Dwight can use the rest and Omer can use the PT. They just cannot afford to drop too many winnable games doing this.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight rests/heals...Asik reminds the rest of the League that he's a top 8 NBA center, raising his trade value.

And who knows, even though we're not a finished product, come playoff time THIS year....maybe we surprise.

6. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Agreed.

Works out for the benefit of the team, provided Dwight is able to get healthy. Getting time on the court so close to the playoffs is really going to be good for Asik.

7. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I think it's a great timing to give Dwight some rest an gain some respect from the refs for Asik/Jones/Donatas. Small things like that will matter if those guys will prove they can back up best center in the league and win.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Granted the Rockets just played a couple of mediocre teams, but they looked pretty damn impressive on both ends of the floor. If they can keep this going for a couple more games, maybe Dwight should rest up a little while longer. Look at how much some extra time off helped Harden earlier this season.

9. yummyhawtsauce

These gimme games are nice for boosting confidence, but let's be honest here, if they fall into a lull of not playing hard then they might be caught off guard and not be ready. Looking forward to when they face the clips again...we will see how far they have come then. I think the rockets will be ready to fight.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I really think we should keep doing this, rest Dwight and allow Asik to start. Makes everyone happy lol.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

good way for Asik to get his rust off and play well...even if d12 comes back, i think asik should get more playing time..

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Asik is the best backup center in the NBA. Heck he is a top five center as a starter in the NBA. Morey rules, and we Rockets fans should feel blessed.

13. jja620

jja620 Member

When do you think we might start seeing a reduction in Harden, Beverly, and Parsons minutes?
    Wouldn't hurt to give them some rest going into the playoffs especially while we are playing weak teams

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Aren't we seeing it now?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course its good for him, and its also good for Dwight to get some rest. This season has been pretty brutal for Dwight physically I'm sure even though his usage is lower that his Orlando days due to playing alongside another superstar talent.

16. jja620

jja620 Member

Last night Harden and Parsons both played close to their avg mpg, but I guess it was kind of a close game in the first half

17. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

That requires him to play well.

18. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Looks like Dwight should have got some rest before the trade deadline.

1 person likes this.
  19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

a very good thing all around. I think dwight will be energized when he comes back so it's all good. Fun to watch idiots try to dunk on Asik again also.

20. theteam

theteam Member

I wish we could do the same for parsons. Dude needs a break.