1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I miss Stone Cold.

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Haha Love it. Makes me proud to wear this shirt. I need to make a brock lesnar one now

[​IMG]

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh20283nAUfT48b47i"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh20283nAUfT48b47i" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

#142 got em COACH, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

rofl, they said he made it to the arena 30 seconds before hitting the curtains.

4. The Drake

The Drake Member

5. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I have to disagree on that one. Lately, they are pushing the young talent like Bobby Roode, Cowboy James Storm, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Matt Morgan, Crimson, and Motor City Machine Guns. Plus, they have veterans like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Sting, and others that will help and guide the young wrestlers to become top superstars.​
    It's also the same thing with Ring Of Honor (ROH). They too have a young talent roster. But the problem for both TNA and ROH is they don't have big financial resources to keep their superstars and that's why you see wrestlers jumping to the WWE and get signed for big money contracts. ​

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Absolutely loved Lesnar return, massive boost for the WWE having him. Cena love him or hate him has become very stale(plus you're gonna struggle to get someone over 21 to like his personality no matter what)... hopefully losing to the Rock and likely losing to Lesnar is all on a planned path to a big heel turn because he would make an awesome heel at the moment imo.

To touch on a few things in here mentioned about WM and WWE in general. Firstly with Cena's wrestling and match with Rock, Cena certainly carried the Rock and that's great for him because he would of struggled to do that until the last 18 months. He cops a lot for his wrestling ability, the fact is guys his size(very muscular) are always going to be limited in what they can do, I mean you just have to look at him run to see how being that big limits him, it's all about strength and the showmanship just like other big guys like Hogan(who was no better than Cena as a wrestler). That being said my main issue with his wrestling is that he fails to sell, not moves but the after effects of them. Too often he forgets he's meant to be injured in some way or comes out the next night after apparently being brutally assaulted in a match and looks like he's as fit as can be. If Undertaker can sell pain, surely a bloke in sneakers can! I hate his character... which apparently is very close to his real personality but I have to admit he probably cops it more than he should.

To The Rocks performance. Well it was what it was, ring conditioning wasn't there but you're an idiot if you expect him to be at 100% after so long out. People also seem to forget he was never a top 5 guy in the company as a pure wrestler anyway. I would put a prime Rock ahead of Cena but he's certainly nowhere near the class of many others(Jericho, HBK, Benoit, Hart, Punk etc.).

To WM. Terrible way to start, just stupidity to do that... even if it is some kind of angle... you just don't do that with a big title, especially with the champion losing. HHH/Taker was a great show, obviously both getting old and limited as pure wrestlers but can more than compensate that with a well scripted match, liked HBK being there too. You go in expecting Taker to win for sure but after the SCM/Pedigree combo I actually thought for a second he might lose, so well done there. Punk/Y2J was great, as you would expect... loved the little DQ angle at the start, we know they can both wrestle so they added this up and slowly worked into it. Don't know what Y2J is doing long term but was hoping for him to pull a win out and make a good feud even better. Mentioned above about the main event, liked Rock winning just because it was the unexpected result and keeps you thinking what next.

To some posts about the state of the WWE. I'm someone who started watching early 90's(well the PPV's we could rent on video here) and was watching hardcore during the attitude era. My opinion is, they need to look at the bigger picture and not the short term financial side. What I mean here for starters is drop the 2 rosters, 1 roster with 2 shows again. The reason they have struggled to produce new stars is because they basically made the titles unimportant, too many title changes... too many champions and too many undeserved champions. One show would allow them to actually work wrestlers through the system again, make the belts important(especially tag and IC). Y2J, Angle, Benoit, HHH, Hart, UW are just a few who did work as upper midcarders when the IC belt meant something, they proved themselves at that level and then it was much more believable when they took the next step. Now we have blokes going from jobber one month to champ the next. Obviously one show lowers the live shows they can probably do but I think it would improve the company as a whole

#146 Gakatron, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  7. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Cena's reaction last night was totally expected. They're still in Miami and it's The Rock's hometown. They booed him at Mania, and they were gonna boo him last night.

He'll keep getting the same reactions he's always gotten, about half boos and half cheers, but always a loud roar either way. If that doesn't come through on TV, trust me, in person, at least when I went, the sound was deafening when he came out, as it also was for (surprisingly) Santino, followed closely by Punk and Orton.

And, am I the only one that thought Brock looked a little flabby last night? His arms didn't look very solid either. Dude better get back in the gym. I know he had been ill, so I get it, but he has some work to do.

8. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he got bigger for MMA, he looked like a beast when he was in WWE though.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Apparently Wrestlemania 28 did 1.9 Mil PPV

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is that good or bad compared to past wrestlemanias?

13. YaosDirtyStache

according to sources, highest previous was 1.25 million which is wm23

Last years was 1.03 million

if 1.9 is the true buyrate (I highly doubt it, to be honest. Raw has been teetering on the 3.0 ratings curve...not exactly knockout numbers) is true, then we are talking an increase of almost 100% from the year prior.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ahh man, missed somethng from a hot opening on raw.

15. The Drake

The Drake Member

Yeah, the rest of the show was lackluster, but the opening and closing were FIYAH

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I want to know how real that punch was and if there is any real bad blood between the two.

17. The Drake

The Drake Member

I haven't heard of any actual animosity between Cena and Lesnar, but Brock's known for working stiff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the punch/blood was real.

On the other hand, the fact that WWE seemed to be playing up the bleeding makes me think it was a work.

Either way, in two weeks this feud already has more heat than a year of Rock-Cena.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

This looks pretty damn good. Finally some attitude era kind of stuff

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh3ZWh5QYDdJmFGBVk"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh3ZWh5QYDdJmFGBVk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

had a DeJavu from the Mir fight at UFC 100 lol
    [​IMG]

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member