1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Wow!!! Warriors pound the Jazz....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GATER, Dec 30, 2000.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

100-89.

Hughes (11 assists), Blaylock (8 assists, 3 steals) and Marc Jackson (14 rebs) with 20 points apiece.

GS held Utah to 8 1stQ points. Utah was on a back to back, but the Warriors flat out took it to 'em.

GS started the game with Jackson on Karl Malone and 6'5" Chris Porter on Polynice. Marc Jackson defended Malone most of the game and held him to 12 points on 5 of 17.

The Warriors were my favorite team tonight!!

------------------
    GATER

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Bryon Russell got his ass crossed over twiced. The first by Larry Hughes, Larry got him bad. B-Russ was on the totally opposite side of Larry. The second time, Vonteego Cummings crossed him over and sped right past him.

Larry Hughes came up with some incredible shots.

JAZZ LOSE - Almost as sweet as saying ROCKETS WIN

------------------
    Cuttino Mobley Online

[This message has been edited by FrancisFan (edited December 30, 2000).]

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Woo hoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DIE Jazz!

------------------

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I SECOND THAT WOOHOO! [​IMG] MAN I KNEW MY BOY LARRY HUGHES WOULD COME THROUGH ONE DAY!!!!!

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

5. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe that I attended a win over the Lakers and a win over the Jazz in the same season, much less the same month (and that I didn't have to take a trip to Portland or something to do it [​IMG] ) . . .

In addition to all the ways that showed up on the stat sheet, Hughes was the man in at least one way that didn't. The W's used a very effective defensive scheme on Malone, with Marc Jackson just keeping his body between Malone and the hoop, and Hughes flying at him from the side or behind when he turned to shoot -- Hughes affected a number of Karl's shots this way.

There was also a lot of luck in that Utah was obviously tired & missed a lot of open shots in the first half . . . but what the hell. First W's victory over the Jazz since April, 1996! WOOHOO!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Swopa (edited December 30, 2000).]

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you look at Karl's season, he's had quite a few bad-shooting games, and doesn't appear to be consistently-as-great as he used to be. He must be having problems raising his knee to shoot and throwing his elbows to clear space. I'm hoping Father Time has caught up to Father Cheat. WOO HOO!!!! [​IMG]

Unfortunately Stockton appears to be an android and is still playing very well albeit with reduced minutes.

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

7. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

You're right, he looked old last night.

Over his last 4 games, Malone is averaging Donyell Marshall numbers -- 15 points (on 35% shooting!) and 7 rebounds.

It's a crying shame, I tell you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

8. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Laugh all you want, but Malone is my franchise player on my fantasy team. He's killing me...

Oh well, I still have Larry Hughes and Marc Jackson. They're doing a hell of a job so far. [​IMG]

------------------
    Nederland 2002

Rocketman95 on board. Check out his latest game recaps.

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Games like this are what makes League pass so much fun. It was great to see Larry Hughes dominate the Jazz. The refs called the game completely in favor of the Jazz, but the Warriors still won. That was a fun game to watch.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."