1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow rockets actually getting respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

so ESPN scoreboard has a match up predictor which gives you a win probability.. I went through pretty much all of it, and the only one rockets are expected to loose is one celtic road game by 51-49 probability.. the golden state home games are both marginally favored by the rockets.. heck i was surprised even the spurs and thunder road games have us favored close to 60%. By the way the Celtic home win, rox are favored 67-33..
    I know its just a computer tool, but feels nice to command this type of respect..

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah that's what happens when you add a point gawd and rebounding 3&D fighters to an elite 55-win playmaker

#2 vlaurelio, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I agree, and the Houstonians know.. but even through the off season Steven A was talking thrash that the biggest loser of off season was Chris Paul, as Houston couldn't land any one else, and OKC is the real deal.. Not to mention they would and still brag about celtics, sixers and now starting to talk about cavs again.. God forbid if OKC put together a 2 game winning streak, they will start talking about them 24-7.. I find it hilarious none of the ESPN shows have any love for Houston, but their tool predictor only show us not favored to win just one game and even that by 51-49..

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

trust nothing and no one.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Morey had to call in a favor with one of his robot buddies just for us to get a little respect from ESPN:(

skroodup25 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the cp3 deal might be the first trade jerry west has lost

7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

yeah at a minimum the trade broke the computer.. I wonder if the percentages change once the rox blow the crap out of the nets

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Would ESPN have to change their algorithm for win probability in the playoffs?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Your last sentence is kind of a contradiction. How is it "respect" if its just a result spit out from a computer algorithm? Respect doesn't enter into it at all.

10. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

at this point i would take respect from anyone.. even the computer :)

arabrocket and durvasa like this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So this computer tool is "predicting" the Rockets probabilistic-ally should only lose 1 remaining game?
    Doesn't seem like an accurate tool then....

12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Well computer doesn't give any respect, it just tells the facts learned from the stats.

DonKnock and s3ts like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Respect from the national media means nothing. Saying dumb stuff makes them money. Serious basketball journalism with integrity makes no money and those writers have long since been fired. You can look at the forums of any team we're playing this year and their fans are expecting an ass whooping. When even a die hard fan has a hard time admitting their team has a chance, who cares what someone like Stephen A Smith says?

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol you beautiful S.O.B.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

look at the media crawling back

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Snow Villiers and swyyyguy like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

computer conspiracy

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

u gotta be swyyyclown’s 2nd account

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

To answer your question @swyyyguy , just unleash @vlaurelio on them live on broadcast. No one would dispute Harden for MVP, Finals MVP, and as champions. I won't agree with all his points, but I'd agree with the end game. And I'd sit next to him and watch him SPEAK THEIR ALGORITHM INTO A ROCKETS CHAMPIONSHIP.

I'd also **** Beadle and make her say Harden is MVP if she wants any break on camera. And as a virile man, ill last longer than her and make it painful if she doesn't abide.

Like I said before, I'll **** her and ESPN until they change their thoughts on us.

I'll **** it into existence.

SIL

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Respect is earned

with championships hanging down from the rafters