1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow...he got cut!?!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by vator, Sep 3, 2006.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Here is a link to where you can find the latest people who didn't quite make the team. http://www.nfl.com/transactions

What players got released that surprised you the most? For me it was Reggie McNeal, Omar Jacobs, Charles Rogers, Marcus Vick, Jabar Gaffney, Tyrone Calico, and Antowain Smith. Seth Wand being released also caught me a little off guard considering he was being slated as the starting left tackle by some people. It makes me laugh a little to see Gaffney cut after he talked all of that trash about the organization on his way out the door. I guess he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Rocky Boiman
    Rob Petitti
    Darius Watts
    Reggie McNeal
    Skyler Green
    Charles Rogers
    Omar Jacobs
    Orien Harris
    Kelly Butler
    Chad Lavalais
    Najeh Davenport
    Tyrone Calico
    Bradlee Van Pelt
    Robert McCune

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

WOW Charles Rogers!

wasn't he surpose to be the NEXT BIG RECEIVER! just to think if Detriot drafted AJ and we had him

4. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

theres one good casserly move of a very few good ones.

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

Jay Foreman got cut by the Saints. He's a player I'd consider bringing back.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

We already have our LBs filled by Greenwood, DeMeco, Shantee Orr, Wali Rainer, and Charlie Anderson. Wong is on PUP.

No room for Foreman.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

It seemed like I kept hearing about Kubiak trying to shore up our linebacker spots. I figured a guy like Foreman who was one of the team leaders in tackles a few years ago would be a logical pick up.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rogers body wouldn't hold up.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

These names surprised me...Reggie is an athlete and someone should pick him up...Same with Vick, but you have the baggage..Jabar and Rogers, crazy...I'm sure someone will take a stab at them...

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

wasn't gaffney ragging on the texans organization once he got to philly? I seem to remember him blaming his poor performances on carr and co.

It's all very interesting.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I, for one, am shocked that Reggie got cut. After all, I've heard guarantees for years that he was a better NFL player than Vince Young and the only thing holding him back was the other talent at Texas A&M. How can this be? The Texans are idiots if they don't pick this guy up off waivers.

:D

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

reggie mcneal caught me off guard, wow.

davenport, calico,

that is surprising.

13. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Calico has been a big bust for the Titans. He had his chance this training camp and did not produce. He has suffered from injuries and not being able to catch and hold on to the ball consistently.

He is gut all the physicial characteristics to be a good player for some team if he can put it together mentally. A change of scenary will do him good.

14. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Davenport is a big surprise. I know the Packers are rebuilding but that guy has been a very consistent hb/fb for them.

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

consistantly injured

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

A player's track record in the NFL, unlike any other sport, means NOTHING... all that matters is what have you done for me lately. There aren't many "second chances" dished out, and if there are, they're almos assuredly given by another team (not the team the player is currently on).

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Absolutely. Percentages are way lowered of even getting the third chance. Basketball there are several leagues around the world and a couple lower ones at home. MLB has many minor league teams and there a few baseball leagues in other countries. After the NFL, its Canada or Arena then NOTHING. 8 spots on the practice squad and maybe over to NFL Europe

Not suprised at Omar Jacbos being waived. The Steelers are good at getting guys who NO LONGER play QB :p I guess the Texans are okay with their WRs in Andre, Moulds and Kevin Walter for the year, and Jerome Mathis coming back or I'd say give Tyrone Calico a look or Peter Warrick until Mathis gets back. I'm surprised so many vets have been cut from the Texans, especially Robaire. Even though they want a big turnaround from last year I don't mind seeing the new young talent give em a fresh look this year.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I really wished the Texans would sign Reggie Mcneal and see if they could develop him at tailback.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would love to see McNeal back.

He'd be a cheap third quarterback who could also see time at WR.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

McNeal gets high and drunk way too much. Not an opinion either...if someone has search capability they can check out me telling y'all about C Bensons weed smoking way before he got busted.

Really, those are the only quasi-celebrity connections I've ever had: UT football players during the Roy Williams, Simms era, and A&M football for the last 6 years up til now...I think there's no one left.

Yeah, so back to Reggie...he's naturally gifted and has buttloads of talent, but the mental and dedication is lacking---that is my opinion.