1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade the entire roster minus Harden for the entire OKC roster minus Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Would you make the trade?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. No

101 vote(s)
    74.8%
  3. I like Sam Dekker

17 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lots of talk about Harden having superior supporting cast, but if you were Morey, wouldn't you trade all of the Rockets minus Harden for all of the Thunder minus Westbrook? Steven Adams is by far the best player and most valuable asset out of all of them.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Would you trade the entire roster including Harden for the entire Warriors roster minus Draymond Green?

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No. We do have a better roster and im down.

amaru likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No , OKC may have better talent but we have better fit . Even if harden could gel with that roster it would take time . I'd rather him keep improving chemistry with these players than have to learn how to play with a whole new roster .

ak99999 likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I voted no, not because I think our roster is significantly better, but because I just don't think it makes us better. Our roster fits Harden well, but I do think OKC has the 2nd and 3rd best players on their team.

ak99999, BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

System runs on shooters, something OKC doesn't have much of.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'd take Oladipo over Gordon and Adams over Capela because I feel that he's more of a presence defensively, but other than that, the players on OKC's roster are too limited offensively.

amaru likes this.
  8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Nah. We'd instantly become a legit top 10 defensive team in the league, but a top 10 defensive team in the league isn't beating the Warriors or Spurs. A top 10 offense of all time on the other hand... With that we have as good of a chance as any.

9. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

No. I like the Aussie Adams, but you can keep the rest of them Okies.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

I like gordon more than oladipo honestly. Gordon can explode when he is grooving

Adams is a better player in a vacuum then capela but I think capela fits dantoni/harden far better.

Westbrook doesnt have anyone like anderson and ariza, bev > roberson

Also lou williams over semaj christon. We have the better team I think

PyroTex likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I like Kanter, Victor, and Adams. That's pretty much it

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, because although the rockets might have more W's, that roster knows how to get the WWW - and 3 > 1.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dekker!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am leaning yes myself. The current roster may be better, or better fit with Harden. But OKC's roster has higher asset values. If anything, we can trade individual assets off for better fitting pieces.

fba34 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like Vic more because he's younger/more athletic, and I think that he's the better defender. He's also been a pretty decent 3 point shooter at 36% on over 5 attempts a game. I don't think he's a lot better than Gordon, but I'd just rather have him. I've honestly sort of lost faith in Gordon's 3 point shooting. I no longer expect it to go in when he shoots.

With Adams, I just picture Harden making him look a lot better on the offensive end than he really is (like what is happening with Capela), and I like his presence on the boards and on defense more than I like Capela's. I'd rather have Adams than Capela in the playoffs, but I still feel pretty good about Clint.

Those are the only 2 players on OKC that I'd really rather have. I agree with u, we definitely have the better/deeper team. OKC has better defensive personnel, but a lot of their players are so limited on the offensive end and probably wouldn't be able to function in our system.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

I agree with your points. I just think gordon is borderline all star when hes grooving.

I also dont think adams can run the court, catch, and finish like capela. Capela gets dunks on full court TD passes from harden on fast breaks after the other team makes baskets. Thats crazy.

Ill definitely concede adams is a better player in a vacuum then capela but im holding onto gordon. SPLASH gordon is wet as hell when hes grooving.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do we get their draft pick, too?

And D'Antoni and Morey would probably insist you trade them with the shooters, too.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we'd lose Bobby Brown???? no way, man.

Daddy Long Legs, Purp8585 and jbasket like this.
  19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Pretty much just trading a 3 point shooting team for a paint scoring team.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'd do it. They have better defenders and you could just trade some of the good assets for shooters or at least i have faith that Morey could do something good with those assets and i also fully believe Harden just makes his teammates better in comparison to Westbrook.