1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade JJ Watt for Matt Ryan?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CoolGuy, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Would you trade JJ Watt for Matt Ryan?

1. Yes, make the trade

59 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. No, stand pat

343 vote(s)
    85.3%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why didn't they adjust at the beginning of the year.

They forgot in the off season?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No way at all

3. SuraGotMadHops

No

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's a lot like the Rockets LOL

I never understood that about Kubiak. He had a solid system, but he stuck to what he was doing come hell of high water. We're gonna keep running the same plays, even if you know how to stop them.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

A lot like the McHale Rockets. Here's to hoping Bickerstaff can adapt.

One big caveat about the NBA, however. The Golden State Warriors and Spurs don't need to adapt. Their offensive systems are foolproof. As is, they already take what you give them. No adaptation needed.

6. MoreydaGOAT

MoreydaGOAT Member

man matt ryan has really fallen off

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its not the "exact" same offense year to year... they come in with an entirely new set of looks/formations/plays... but they don't really do much different by way of adjustments from game to game.

Most of the time, if you execute well... it works... even if the other team knows its coming. However, when the other team does finally stop it, there's little recourse.

BOB having to resort to wildcat's and trick plays are things Kubiak would never ever do... then again, his offense probably wouldn't get to the desperation point to have to re-invent itself like that anyways.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

You must have slept thru the final Kubiak years.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, I loved the adjustments the Patriots made last Sunday night, creating those vast swaths of running lanes for CJ Anderson. Brilliant. Yet another team that has obviously solved Kubiak's system........

10. Mr. Clutch

Belichik was thrown off by the new looks they made at the beginning of the year?

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think this proves that Kubiak is a better coach/game-planner than Kyle Shannahan (who somehow continues to get jobs despite less than stellar results at every stop he's had minus his time with the Texans).

And as I said earlier... if Kubiak's team executes its system to perfection... it works (regardless of whether or not the other team knows its coming).

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Introducing a new beer called "Matty Ice"

It gets ice cold when you need it most

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the whole coaching thing is overrated. You knew that Brady to wes welker was coming, but you just couldn't stop it. Same thing with Gronk. You know that pass to gronk is coming, but you can't do anything about it. Just like if AP gets the ball he is coming right at you, but you can't tackle him.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And yet Brady and the Pats will probably not miss those two as they develop a new opponent-specific game-plan this week.

Coaching is vastly underrated if anything.... especially coaching that adapts and re-invents itself multiple times throughout the season.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I guess you COULD argue coaching is overrated (I never would)... but using Belicheck and the Patriots as an example isn't the route I'd suggest.

Not only do his schemes adjust to fit personnel, but I've never seen a team that so systemically attacks weaknesses - and, more broadly, overall league-wide trends - more relentlessly than the Patriots. Look at how they smartly - ahead of EVERYBODY else - saw defenses move to more and more nickel and dime sessions and so they drafted two huge, athletic tight ends and just turned them loose on undersized/overmatched defensive backs.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think you can just throw that out there for that system specifically. Did we all know that Brady to Edelman was coming, or Brady to Lewis?

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

The difference with Kubiak was they knew the run up the middle was coming, stack the line and oh well we'll just keep trying maybe they learned their lesson and oh by god you better not audible out of a bad situation.

18. Mr. Clutch

Belichick forgot to stack the line last game?

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Turn down for Matt!

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Was referring to his tenure in Houston.