1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden for Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Wiggins or Jabari Parker?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. Yes, I would be in favor of trading him for Wiggins.

23.2%
  2. Yes, I would be in favor of trading him for Parker.

8.1%
  3. No, I wouldn't be in favor of trading him for either.

68.7%
  1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Harden is a great player, but I think Wiggins will take the title of 'best SG in the NBA' in a few years. He also TRIES on the defensive end.

Jabari Parker is just a humble guy who loves basketball, and during the playoffs, would spend a lot of time in the gym, and avoid partying the night before games.

*This is a serious question by the way. Would have cap room to sign melo, and would possibly have this as the starting lineup :

Bev/Lin
    Wiggins
    Parsons
    Melo
    Howard

Seems like it would be a way better team. Not saying it would / wouldn't be a good move, just want to hear honest opinions.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Wiggins is a small forward, not a shooting guard. Same with Parker.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

We are in win now mode for next couple of years. Why should we trade an all-star for 1st rounder? Dante Exum over this two.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Running a line up of 3 small forward is funny lol

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In a heart beat for wiggums

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh my...

7. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

What's funnier is the fact that he's serious.

And Andrew Wiggins is basically about to be Russell Westbrook without the playmaking. Give or take some chuckery and defensive ability.

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Shame on you!

9. Swishh

Swishh Member

To be fair, Harden's attitude is very similar to J.R. Smith.

Wiggins has been called by some as the 'next LeBron' . I would trade him for Wiggins.

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

To be fair, Beverley's attitude is very similar to Lebron James' attitude.

See what I did there?

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

One is a negative trait, the other is a positive trait. I don't see the correlation tbh.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You didn't see what I did there and that's alright. I'll explain it to you. Having similar traits doesn't mean that both are equal in skill and talent level so therefore the players shouldn't be treated the same. Yes, both Earl Smith and James Harden are known to love to party, but Harden is still infinitely better. Yes, both Pat and Lebron James are known to take every second of the game serious and give it their all on the court like the second second of the game would also be their last breath, but Lebron James is still infinitely better.

To answer the thread question, everyone currently on the roster would be open to be traded for the 1st pick in the 2014 NBA draft except Harden and Dwight. Wiggins may very well become a better player than Harden and Dwight and if he does cool, but if he doesn't? We would have just risked and lost seasons and seasons of trying to develop something we might already have. Which is a contender/championship team.

Trading Chandler Parsons to the Magic for their pick may not be so bad though. For the most part we already know what type of player Chandler is going to be. He's going to get better and he has a chance to be an all-star maybe one or twice. Not a perennial all-star though. Unlikely either way. James and Dwight already are perennial all-stars though.

13. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

No I would trade James Harden for the first pick next year to get Emmanuel Mudiay, who looks like the best pg prospect since John Wall.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hell no.
    You never trade a bonefide superstar for an unknown, untested, and unscouted commodity. Its a gamble and the payoff is that you end up with a player that is marginally better than Harden maybe a year or two down the road. Not worth it.

15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

No. No I wouldn't trade him for those half scrubs.

Would you?!?

Beard clearly has the talent to be a legit SUPERstar in this L. He just needs the X's and O's to tell his ISO/3pt shot making arse when/where to be. He can't do it all...as much as he handles the ball, I don't envision him a floor general in the mold of CP3 (obviously).

Who gunn do that shi-ite? McHale? An assistant?

16. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

Would you trade Joe Johnson for Kevin Durant back to 07-08 season?

1 person likes this.
  17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

There's something that pyrite and a regular season-only "superstar" has in common....

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Did James go clubbing during the playoffs...???:confused::confused:

am I missing something....??

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Regular season only superstar is still better than Wiggins and Parker who have never played a lick of NBA basketball.