1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

205 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. RESINator

RESINator Member

I don't want westbrook. We get nowhere with either unless Harden starts giving a ****.

Beverley needs to donate his heart to Harden. He is in dire need for a heart transplant.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What has Anthony Davis accomplished? He made the 8 seed that one time?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

He's been notoriously inefficient for his entire career given his volume, but I'm sure it'll improve after 9 years in the NBA with even higher volume! And so he's inefficient with his athleticism, but once he loses it, THAT'S when he'll adapt?

Okay!

#83 J Sizzle, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Reeko likes this.
  4. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Wait, you're going to say that those two scenarios are probably about even, then claim that it is others that are guilty of revisionist history? That's comical.

5. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

That's "IQ selection"?

ESL?

6. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Common sense prevails. 62 no votes

Daddy Long Legs and J Sizzle like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What?

I said...the two performances are about evenly awful in terms of harm to the team.

What's funny is the same guys clowning Westbrook for chucking two weeks ago are now waxing poetic about Westbrook's heart and desire.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

FALSE. Did u forget that Westbrook used to play with KD? Why was he still inefficient playing with the 2nd best player in the NBA?

Guess what Westbrook's most efficient season was playing next to KD? It was last year when he had league average efficiency.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, because our Rockets beat the Thunder.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is this about what these players have accomplished, or how good of an asset they could be to a well-built team? It's possible that I'm here for the wrong argument.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I had just made a similar post and then saw yours lol

Westbrook has always been inefficient, and that's not gonna changs after almost a decade of playing in the NBA

Harden always has elite efficiency, and if he was ever playing next to a superstar like KD then my gawd, his efficiency would be ridiculous

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

Exactly this^^

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just not sure how anybody can say Davis is a better building block than Harden given health/season results.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The same reason Morey gave Ryan Anderson $18M/year; super skilled big men are much more rare. The Spurs series made me mad enough at Harden that I'd rather be going into the offseason with Capela, Davis, Gordon, Lou and Bev than Capela, Anderson, Harden, Gordon, Lou and Bev. I'd use my capspace and our depth at guard to acquire another PG playmaker, fix the C situation, let Anthony be a little bit of a point-forward under D'Antoni, and go to war... while we're daydreaming. :p

I think we can build a good team around Harden. But my biggest peeve with him is his ball dominance at bad times. Westbrook is the same story.

15. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Scramble ball. I say just keep Harden.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hey...if you're mad, you're mad. I get that. But...like...we've already proven that Harden + role players is better than Davis + role players. Hell...even the nightmarish 2015-2016 season was better than all but 1 Davis season, and this season was worlds better than anything Davis has done. Harden has him beat both individually and team-wise.

17. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Not sure if serious... and surprised to see so many "yes" votes in the poll.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL hell no, if we had traded Harden for Westbrick, the Rockets would have lost in the first round.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is a pro-Rockets forum, so it will obviously be a pro-Harden forum for the most part.

But one can't help but wonder how the season would have turned out if we had our players + Westbrook, instead of Harden.

I don't know if we would have the same success in the regular season, or get past the Harden-led Thunder (if it even came to that), but it sure would have been fun to see:

Beverly
    Westbrook
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's actually rather easy. We had a much better season than the Thunder and we beat them in 5 games. I'm perfectly fine with how it played out.