1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now? Part II

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 26, 2018.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No

227 vote(s)
    95.0%
  1. RocketsFan2017

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

OKC Thunder. Night in, night out.

3. riko

riko Member

Harden is universally regarded as a top 4 player with incredible basketball iq and skill . Russ if he goes at in straight sets will reaffirm the belief he is a low iq poorly skilled athletic freak

4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Where is the option for “LUL”

topfive and ramotadab like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sports media hasn't evolved with the times. They want Russ to win so badly because they need an heir apparent to the Jordan/Kobe level of "tenacity and competitiveness". Writing about a team scoring 50 points in one quarter with their MVP going ballistic won't get them the clicks or generate the sponsorship/ad revenues because he didn't do it with a snarl, sneer, or emotion that makes sports media get an erection and cover with 5,000 word essays.

The narrative after last year's exit was that Westbrook didn't have help. The narrative this year is that he still has to do too much. In due time the narratives will run out because no one will care about triple doubles when your team keeps losing in the first round.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Westbrook is an incredibly player, but he doesnt make the players around him better.

7. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Who has more triple doubles? Check and mate.

Rox11 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

How was this ever even a question? Let me guess, because Westbrook showed so much “heart” and “passion” on his way to 10-30 shooting while tripping and pushing his own teammates out of the way for 10 rebounds? If u ever answered yes to this question then u should hand in your basketball card immediately.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

WB has personality and mental issues

He took it personal against Rubio leading his team to a loss. picked up some stupid fouls

WB killed his team himself last night

Lawlruschang and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Give me patted stats

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

As he does so... night in.... and night out guys. He he he

[​IMG]

12. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I think it's already trending that way. The narrative is shifting from "Russ HAS to do too much" to "Russ DOES too much when he doesn't have to." He gets praise for his "killer instinct" and "passion", but it's a double-edged sword. I don't know what's true (or what's worse): that Russ is actually a low BBIQ guy OR that he knows the right play to make and chooses to do things his way.

I found this video on r/NBA of Kenny breaking down Russ's stubborn commitment to "shutting down" Ricky Rubio, and it's a prime example of how Russ's attitude hurts his team:

Lawlruschang and ramotadab like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Triple doubles tho

14. Soneca

Soneca Member

Harden will likely go down as (at least) the second most important player in franchise history. No Rockets fan should propose trading Harden for anyone, and it's not being a homer, it means being proud of what has been built for the past six years. We all want champsionships, of course, but it will feel even better if it's accomplished without tanking or forming a super team. It's not a hit on the Astros, a trophy is a trophy, but if the Rockets win it this years, who would disagree that the taste will be much sweeter?

Back to the topic, I have a more realistic question: would you trade Westbrook for Oladipo now (considering their contracts)? I'm serious

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Dude has been balling since his first game as a Rocket. I wouldn't trade this dude for Anthony Davis and 2 first round picks and I'm a huge Kentucky fan. He is a once in a generation player.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is WB up for trade? Presti won't do it, it would mean he has made a mistake trading Harden, which he won't admit.

17. steddinotayto

I think it's more of "If I trade Westbrook I would be forever known as the guy that had 3 MVP level players on the same team and couldn't do jack **** with them together" than "If I trade Westbrook then I admit it was a mistake trading Harden away". But I get your point...either way there's a lot of pride to swallow but it's either he pulls the necessary moves to save his job or he'll be out of a job sooner rather than later.

There are two things that can change the course of that team for the better:

1. Bring in a coach that commands/demands respect from Westbrook and make him change/improve the things that's holding the team back
    2. Trade Westbrook and start over with young talent

Bobsputin likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I won't say jack shet but the best shots they squandered, against a Lebron led Heat team there is not much one can do.

OKC does not have the best management nor does it have a big enough market to attract the biggest stars.

Drafting those guys and getting Durant from Seattle was a blessing.

I won't be surprised if KD comes out of that trio with the most rings, just saying. Harden is a good bet too.

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

PREACH KENNY!!! In the 2nd play, RW actually moves away from the the guy driving. He is in a great position to help defend the drive, steal the ball or draw the charge. Nope Rubio is not going to score. RW doesn't care if others do, but Rubio is not going to score damn it!!

Should be MVP for sure with them triple doubles though.

20. steddinotayto

That team was too green to win against LeBron that year. Presti pushed the panic button way too fast and this is what he gets in return. Of course Durant leaving after choking a 3-1 lead against Golden State wasn't something anyone could have predicted but we have to believe Durant wouldn't have left OKC if Harden was still around. Hell, if Harden was still in OKC they would be what the Warriors are right now.

Hakeemtheking likes this.