1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Gordon for a possible Paul George rental?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade EG for PG?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Only if PG agrees to re-sign

91 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If PG committed to re-resigning and if by the trade deadline EGO still isn’t producing as well off the bench (when he was starting in CP3’s absence he was insane), then i think this is a no-brained. PG would be ridiculous in this team and it doesn’t take any flexibility away in a LBJ option too.

But the 1st “if” is critical and the 2nd “if” makes the decision a lot easier.

But if Cleveland gets desperate and throws that Nets pick to get him it’s over.

2. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

For a rental? Hell no.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

4. riko

riko Member

I would start tucker at the 4 and bring Trevor off the bench and switch at the 3 that’s only if PG gives us an assurance he is staying

5. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

One thing about a possible rental that I cannot help but wonder is that If there is any weight to Lebron to Houston, I fear that by not trading for PG13 he may well end up with the Cavs. If he ends up with the Cavs and they win or he is otherwise happy playing next to Lebron, both he and Lebron could end up re-signing in Cleveland. By stopping the Cavs from acquiring PG13 it in theory could help us land Lebron. So is we acquire PG13 for EGo without commitment the results could be:

1. PG13 leaves and goes to LA and we don't sign Lebron (Boo! should have kept EGo)
    2. PG13 re-signs with us, we do not land Lebron (YAY!)
    3. PG13 re-signs with us and we sign/trade Lebron (BIG FOUR!!!!! not even sure if this is possible but I can dream!)

In all seriousness though, if there is any weight to Lebron to Houston.... I actually hope the Thunder turn it around enough to not consider trading PG13 (then we can just focus on Lebron)!

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No. Paul George has been having wet dreams about the Lakers for years. If that is the case he can’t have his
    current team winning a championship. People (media) crucified Durant for leaving a team that lost in the WCF’s.
    Media would kill Paul George for leaving a team that gets to the NBA finals.

Or maybe not. Large media markets would love for a star to go to Knicks or Lakers.
    They probably would look the other way in PG’s case.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I would have voted hell to the **** no, but it wasn't an option.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'd trade E.Gordon!

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'd do it. Then trade Anderson and a first for two guards, anyone really. Brandon Knight and Troy Daniels maybe. George at the 4 full time in this offense would be murder. Are you kidding me? George, Tucker, Ariza, Moute, Williams as your 5 forwards? That's insane.

I don't put any stock in George's OKC performance. He's a very good player and that system is highlighting his weaknesses. It would suck to lose Gordon, but truthfully we would be fine with any 2 backup guards who can shoot.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

PG ain't about that life. If you willingly choose to play for a garbage Laker team I question your commitment to winning.

sammy and BigShasta like this.
  11. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Paul George isn't very good right now

sammy likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

George is 3/14 for 10 points 5 assists and 2 rebounds... the drama... will Gordon be able to outduel him???

BigShasta likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes.

I think many are forgetting how effective George can be, yes we are doing good, OKC is doing bad, but don't let that mess with your perception too much.

George is and elite 3&D player, can guard 4 positions, is only 27.

I would take the chance with him, I believe we could legitimately win the ring with his addition.

If he leaves, a real championship caliber team, with a great coach, system, front office, unselfish star players, great chemistry, good lockeroom, decent sized market AND significantly more money from 8% bird right raises, 5th year and Texas state income vs cal's state income....

... Then it still wouldn't be the end of the world for Houston, we could dump Anderson and go after Cousins/LBJ, or even just a high quality role player to replace what Gordon gave us like Reddick. But again, I feel like we would have a solid chance on resigning him despite his love affair with LA. Houston is too good of a situation.

I would trade Gordon for that opportunity and this years upgrade for a chance at a ring.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/13...pect-paul-george-to-leave-thunder-for-lakers/

I’m not buying the part where he says he would be crazy to leave OKC if they were good. That’s just PR talk.

The agent that represents both LeBron and Paul George was recently at a Lakers game. The original
    rumor was LeBron going to LA Lakers (his wife wants to be there) with Paul George and Westbrook.

Then Westbrook was pressured into signing his extension. Scratch him out. The new rumor is
    LeBron/ Paul George/ Cousins or CP3 if they can pry him away from Houston (depends on season).

A lineup of:
    Lonzo Ball/ Jordan Clarkson
    Free Agent/ Josh Hart..............free agent list: D-Wade/Lou Williams/ JJ Redick/Avery Bradley/ Jamal Crawford
    Paul George/ Brandon Ingram
    LeBron/ Kuzma/ Larry Nance
    Cousins w/possibly other free agents: DeAndre Jordan/ Alex Len/ Nurkic/ Aron Baynes/ Nerlens Noel/
    Kanter/ or re-sign for less Bogut or Brook Lopez

Could be very appealing if a couple guys take less money. A Jamal Crawford for example (Like a Ray Allen)

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Did I say that? ROFL. If I did, it would have been in reference to last season. Ariza was not good last year.

Swaggy would be awesome on this team. I get the vibe you think I think George is trash. He's not, he'd be awesome here! I have vouched many many times for a harden George combo, but I'm not offloading Gordon for him either.

If there's even a remote chance that we can have harden, Paul, George and Gordon on the same team - wouldn't you prefer that? The question was whether I'd trade Gordon for a rental of George and for the reasons I stated it's an unfortunate no.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

PG is overrated

Lebron or bust

Verbal Christ and DudeWah like this.
  17. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I concur. NO to trading Eric Gordon for Paul George. Paul George is nowhere near the elite sniper that Eric Gordon is.

Yes if the Rockets give up Ryan Anderson/Trevor Ariza.

#137 dfbreyes, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    bilaal14 likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I never said he was an asset he is just needed to match salary. Basically they are doing he trade for the first round pick, cuz otherwise they get nothing

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

These are both me. Anderson is a fine player this season however his contract still makes him a liability. To be honest Anderson was also decent last year his 3 pt shooting in the regular seasom was 40% which was elite. However he was still overpaid and that made him untradeable.

You need to look at a player in terms of his salary, not his playing ability. Juwon Howard for example was a decent starter and very positive influence in the locker room. However he was also seen as a massive liability because he was getting paid like a superstar.

18M is a lot of money, if we had 18M in addition to the roughly 18M of capspace the rox will have next year they can keep b9th Cp3 and Capela and still be under the cap instead of likely losing Cp3 to the Cavs or not being able to match Capela if we sign Cp3 first. Who do you think is more vital to the team, cp3 and Capela or Anderson?