1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Considering the risk, would you trade for Paul George?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Damn, didn't realize Monta was so freaking horrible last year.... my bad, lol.

Anyway.. we'll see. If the Rockets can trade an EG package for PG13, then fantastic. We'll see.

Vivi likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just to be clear, I don't think anyone disagrees with you that's it not really a great offer. The only way it happens is if nobody else is really willing to risk MORE than that.

I myself don't see it happening.

Vivi likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ultimately I bet the Lakers decide they don't want to take a chance and offer up a future first and some young player and they make a deal happen.

Sanity2disChaos and finsraider like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Boom

5. infinittiii

infinittiii Member

We should help cavs facilitate a PG trade and acquire love and dump Anderson in the process. People forget how good Love was before Clevland, where his role was severely diminished.

6. JayZ750

I got you.

I guess my point was, honestly if I'm the Pacers, I'd probably prefer cap space and mid first round lotto picks even. Byt maybe there's a three way that could work then. that's what she said.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's what i expect too...in the end you know the Lakers can't wait to get a star, and tbh, if they would "just" lose something like Randle or Russell (especially if they're going ot draft Ball) with a future 1st, might not be that bad if they know George will stay there.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8raeq37

Give indiana Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson, Trevor Ariza, Pat Bev, + 1 Round pick 2018

For

Paul George, and BIG AL Contract and 2017 2nd round pick..

I like this trade alot. Can get some hidden talent with 3 picks in the 2nd round. Plus we keep are 2 6th man, resign nene. Hey everyone in the league said it would cost heavy to get Paul G.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

And then Paul George leaves in Free Agency after we lose in the second round and Harden, also a free agent, bolts for a top contender and we are left with a gutted 14 win team. Horrible trade.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure you'd get picks from them here lol.

Also, i don't think they would've interest in Capela, i think Turner is their center, not sure they would be willing to move him at the 4 (fwiw as today)...but what about us then, no center, no pf, no "pg"...

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dude your talking about Putting Paul george next to The beard. Sign a scrub who can semi rebound, We have a pg in james..

12. JayZ750

People are saying this is a lateral type trade for a guy that wants to play in LA badly, so you won't be convincing him to stay next offseason with this trade, so what's the point?

You can't just plug and put any PF, C in there, much less a bench.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

well looking at free agents who would like to join a team surrounded by beard, paul , and 2 top 6th man, some defensive plug ins would come to mind. Andre Roberson , Taj gibson, Jonathon Simmons , Amir Johnson, tony allen, Darren Collison, an or Aron Baynes. Ersan Ilyasova very similar to what ryno was, but way cheaper... Zack randolf could sign on cheap deal.. all good options to plug around ... Think they have what 10-15 mil after trade to play around plus a player exception right?? vet min...

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Dude borderline all stars means just that....Just BARELY missing it....Eric Gordon is nowhere near that

15. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Not to mention Thabo Sefolosha and the Rockets could still clear enough space to sign CP3 as well. Think about it, when CP3 comes for his visit we would have PG13 and James in the room to convince CP3 to sign here.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We have nothing significant to offer Indy.

17. Dash

Dash Member

With Cavs out, only leaves the Celtics as our only real competition for PG
    And if it's true that Ainge doesn't want to have risk on a rental...that only leaves us as the only contender with enough assets

Cashmoney likes this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

After what happened last time we did a one year rental on an franchise player(Artest), hell effin yeah!!!!

You got to take a chance if you want to compete. We are not winning as is. Best case scenario with the current squad is giving GS a competitive series with no chance of winning the series

19. hlcc

hlcc Member

what asset are you referring to?
    Capela? Isn't he coming of his rookie contracts next year? I doubt the Pacers have much interest in paying some one like Capela market value. Sp, not really valuable for the Pacers
    Beverly? Not valuable to the Pacers at all.
    Ariza? Not valuable to the Pacers at all.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watch Warriors offer Indy Klay for George and he goes there :mad: