1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Considering the risk, would you trade for Paul George?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread has become predictably unreadable because of a few select posters. You know who you are.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I would, definitely.

If it were Ariza, Bev, and picks I'd make that trade. We can find still have a good enough depth (bench wise to manage in the West). Gordon can slide up to the starting 5 and Lou Will would continue as a 6th man role as he's been accustomed to.

Now if we somehow get a chance at CP3 our bench depth will be an entirely different story once/if PG13 arrives via trade.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To add:

Ariza + Anderson + picks

for

George + Jefferson

Also works! All we need is weezy jefferson and we'll be movin on up!!!

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So passing on Kawhi, Butler and IT for Parsons is a feather in Morey's cap? Wow going to have to disagree with you there amigo and I like Morey.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Leslie, for the love of God, can we get some new uniforms? IT'S PAST DUE!

FLASH21 likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'd gladly roll the dice with George especially if I could add another piece with additional moves afterwards.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

WTF????? How the helll does borderline mean a long way to go....Wow....

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, yeah, that makes no sense...borderline means you're right on the cusp of being an all star level player

Ego is not a borderline all star player these days, not even close...his chances of making the all star game in either conference are slim to none (he'd have to play like he did in December for an entire season to have a chance, and he's not capable of doing that at this stage of his career)

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LMAO!

You guys want to trade for a guy who has been saying he's wanted to go to LA for the last two years.

You want that guy on our team for a year whispering in Harden's ear about how guy it would be to play together on the Lakers in bight Los Angeles. Harden is from LA too.

If a Harden/PG13 duo doesn't get to the WCF PG will leave and Harden will just tell the Rockets he isn't opting in on the last year of his deal in 2019.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Kawhi and Butler were picked before Parsons. So it wasn't a choice between Parsons, Kawhi, or Butler at 38.

Were we talking about Marcus Morris you might have a point.

Drafting a good player at 38 who helped us and then went on to cripple our competitors is indeed a feather in his cap.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope Amico is just being Amico, has this guy ever brake a news about a trade in his career...?

#91 Vivi, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

RE Amico tweet-

Wouldn't it make sense for both teams to hold a trade till July when the new cap gets installed?

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dream Scenario

Trade Gordon, Beverley, Harrell and our 2019 1st for George

Trade Anderson, Lou Williams and Taylor for CP3 (sign and trade to preserve our MLE).

Sign Llull to a 3 year $26 million deal using the full MLE.

Resign Nene using his non-bird rights.

Sign Troy Williams to a 2 year minimum guaranteed deal.

CP3 / Llull
    Harden
    George / Williams
    Ariza / Dekker
    Capela / Nene

Preserve the bi-annual exception ($3.3 million) for the buyout market.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So every borderliner is bound to make one Allstar game? In Eric's case it is a long way.

#94 daywalker02, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have no idea, I don't really follow these fringe reporters

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amico doesn't have much credibility, but if these past few years have taught us anything its that Lebron gets first dibs on every player that is made available for trade.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not sure now tbh, but i think he's basically the Cavs Woelfel, Isola...just what i've always read about him at least.

Reeko likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also reg what the Rockets could trade -

Ariza/Gordon, 2018 first rounder (minimal protections), 2020 first (lottery protected)

for

George/Lavoy Allen

Would make the most sense for Indiana if they aren't able to get anything better from another contender willing to gamble on George going to the Lakers next summer. For the Pacers they get two solid starter quality players and picks to help stay competitive and collect assets for rebuilding for the future. I honestly don't think Indiana is that much worse with this deal although they won't have a superstar quality player like George. Even if they get Kevin Love out of the deal, are they really going to be that much better? I love KL but we saw how great his team was in Minnesota when he was the primary star.

For the Rockets, if they are able to get assurance that George is IN on playing with Harden and competing for a title these next couple years I think you pull the lever on this deal, and don't think twice. You can't come up with much better of a complement to Harden that George at the 3. I always said that the best thing for Harden would be a play maker at the 3. Not the 1. Kind of like how good Parsons was for the Rockets years ago, but George is miles above where Parsons was.... especially on the defensive end.

PG: Bev
    SG: Harden, Lou
    SF: George, Dekker
    PF: Anderson, Wiltjer
    C: Capela, Harrell, Onuaku,

That's a damn good start to building a contending team next year.

(note: Allen is non-guaranteed so you can waive him after the trade for help with cap)

Retaining this team going into July free agency gives you 87.92 million in salary against a projected cap of 102 million. So the Rockets could theoretically still add another player around 14 million dollars (or two for 7), and use the MLE to resign Nene to further round out the roster.

Guys.... even though yes losing two picks to get this deal done plus losing EG & Ariza sucks, its well worth the risk IMO if this is the type of deal the Rockets can do to get George. Also there is the unknown of whether or not George tells the Rockets whether he'd be interested in resigning if the season went well, or if he tells the Rockets he's hellbent on LA.

BigMaloe and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  19. rockets13champs

I like them now. It's weird must be because I'm used to the blood red. But I think like Drake is ambassador of Raptors and influenced Raptors jerseys. Rockets should hire Travis Scott to be Rockets Brand Ambassador. It would bring up attendance and make more younger non rocket fan houstonians come to rockets games more so for the atmosphere than the games. That's a big reason Lakers games are always sold out despite them sucking. Staples Atmosphere is more than a game. I don't know if Travis Scott is professional like drake tho.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I doubt they want to trade Ariza. If the plan is to bring in Paul George and Chris Paul, they likely want Ariza to stick around to play the 4.

Not sure if NBA trade machine is accurate right now, but basically it says we could trade Eric Gordon and then anyone on the roster would be enough.

Example, Gordon+Harrell math works on the trade machine. Would Indiana have interest in that? No clue.

If it's going to take two of our GOOD starters, my money is on Gordon/Beverly.