1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade CP3/Capela for Vucevic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jun 18, 2019.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If magic were to sign and trade Vucevic and to match salary (and shed bad contracts) add Fournier (17M off the books in 2021) and Mozgov (17M off the books in 2020) in exchange for Capela and CP3, would you do it?

Vucevic averaged 20, 12, and 4 and was an all star, and most importantly is young.

We could then combine Fournier and mozgov’s contracts with draft picks around December and get an all star caliber player from a team that decides to start tanking.

It makes sense for Orlando because 1. He’s going to walk anyways 2. They get a promising young center in Capela on a cheap contract and 3. They could sell some extra tickets based on CP3’s star power, but he also won’t ruin their chances at tanking. He’ll put on a show but still lose when it matters.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

3. sheb

sheb Member

Go to bed

topfive likes this.
  4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Y, son

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Pacific time zone

6. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

No, please stop this silly idea.

Vuchevich is a cream cake.He's a playoff coward.

Sanctity likes this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

way too expensive and weve already tried the dwight howard experiment. fail.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint Capela is better...

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

we need fast/high energy players for more ball movement. slow players dont help that. i think we're at our best when we are moving the ball around

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

If it looks like a Random Trade Idea,
    and it sounds like a Random Trade Idea,
    and it has that Random Trade Idea stench...

then it most likely belongs in the Random Trade Idea thread.

remarrexxar likes this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

LOL I have no idea if it's true but way you said it made my day. Are you using translater buddy?

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I wonder if it's the way certain defenders are allowed guard him or what not... I do certainly think he's better. Just needs to work on dealing with certain defenders and improving fundamentals.... With that said the right trade is the right trade in a win now situation.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think it's a given he walks at all, if Orlando is willing to pay him i think he might stay there cause i don't see teams giving him a max (although i might very well be wrong), and no, i wouldn't, makes us worse all around, we would trade away two good players for one, lose all the paint protection, lose athleticism, defense and passing...just no, would be an horrible move.

Also not sure you get even a good role player by moving Fournier and pick/s, he's a mediocre player getting 17M for two more seasons.

And btw they already have Bamba, which is basically a taller Clint with already a 3pt shot so, if they lose Vuc they would probably just play him.

15. basketballholic

1. We're not trading Paul. Would you guys please stop gauming up the garm with that bologna?

2. I like Vucevic and always have since I saw him at USC. Great offensive player and very underrated defensively. But he's a free agent. Only way to acquire him at this time is through SnT. So if he'd do 4/80 then perhaps we could move Capela for him. But that's not real feasible. We need to find a home for Capela before free agency so we can proceed with other deals and synergize a Capela trade. And Vuc is going to get big money. And we have other priorities in our system that have to be addressed first.

The more likely scenario with Orlando would likely be capela for Mozgov's carcus and draft pick value while Orlando attempts to sign and trade Vuc for other assets.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member